I did exactly same thing, albeit that I had to go through two risers as I have clip ons, and my brake switch is wired in my RH switch so goes through that hole with only a very short (1.5cm) black wire running from switch housing to brake switch (un-noticable).
The bike start to look like a bike again
electrical system is mostly done
M-unit connected and new switches are working
still need to make some adjustment on the speedometer, but looking good so far.
Need few more hours and I can test drive it
after I made sure all is functioning the way it should I'll take the gas tank and front fender for painting, and last thing will be the seat.
this will be the final look