kz1300 banner

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Another basket case project, but with potentially a different end goal!

Another basket case project, but with potentially a different end goal! 2 weeks 1 day ago #25445

• scotch
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 533
To save you some potential grief: After straightening - Shorten the side stand if you decide you must, at the foot !!! The stand is forged ( inclusive of the clevis.) Cutting it at the clevis is not an acceptable option.
1980 KZ 1300 sr# KZT30A-009997
Always High - Know Fear !
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Another basket case project, but with potentially a different end goal! 1 week 2 days ago #25469

• McBoney
  • McBoney's Avatar Topic Author
  • Golden Sixer
  • Golden Sixer
  • Thank you received: 38
Setback today... I found a great front wheel from a Benelli Tre K Amazonas - one that went with the forks I got. However, upon arrival there was a small dent in the rim, and when I took the tyre off a crack appeared as well... I did not see it, but the guy looking at repairing the dent did spot it immediately.

... wheel is scrap.

Seller agreed to take the wheel back, but still disappointing.

Lesson learnt: Look very closely at secondhand items... take no chances and get everything checked out by a professional.

Six-Pot-Cafe in the making...
Attachments:

Last edit: by McBoney.

Another basket case project, but with potentially a different end goal! 6 days 20 hours ago #25486

• McBoney
  • McBoney's Avatar Topic Author
  • Golden Sixer
  • Golden Sixer
  • Thank you received: 38
Ok, so the wheel is on its way back to Italy. Shame, it was a nice wheel, but he, onwards and upwards.

Got my new rear sets delivered last week. Once I measured where my feet needed to go, it was obvious which mounting plates to use.

Once drilled and everything fitted, I took them off and polished them to see if they would come up as shiny as the new rear sets. They did! What a difference a little polishing makes!

Now on the hunt for a set of pinch bolts and connecting rods. And a new front wheel of course!

Now I have a gear pedal, a brake pedal and two perfect foot pegs spare - Ebay here we come.
Six-Pot-Cafe in the making...
Attachments:

Last edit: by McBoney.
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds