One ring top, two rings bottom sit in the block.
I put the block in the kitchen oven, then tapped the sleeve using block of wood and a hammer. One thing I would strongly suggest is minimize much more the drop and put some soft towel below the sleeve. This was the first time for me and I didn't know how much space I'd need. No need for this much. Just enough to have the sleeve drop gently.
You certainly took on one hell of a project. I wish you the best of luck.
I have some parts you may be interested in. Handlebars, seat (king and queen style. Pan is good but seat needs new vinyl), misc side covers if they fit your year. I have mix of covers from a 79 motor and an 81. I have a complete, running 81 motor. Wasn't smoking or making noise and ran well. No idea of the true miles on it.
Thank you! Yes, I didn't expect this much will be involved with the top end. Looking into the engine itself, everything else seems to be like new. The gears, chains, appear perfect. But everything else needs a complete rebuild.
Clutch cover. Lots of hours cleaning it up. This is mid work. Later on I spent another 5 hours cleaning and polishing it before taking it to the shop for new chrome. The prices around Vancouver are outrageous!... One shop told me 400 bucks, another 120. Both removing chrome, nickel etc. and then back. Nuts... In any case, spending 10 hours on as much preparation as possible - I don't mind. Should have results by the end of the week. This one cover is definitely in my view I can't go without chrome plating. It's like a centerpiece.