Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Big Bore Kit 10 years 2 months ago #1775

• propforward
  • Thank you received: 1
Does anyone want a set of barrels to use for a big bore set up?

I have a spare set. They are rusty, but the mating surfaces should clean up nicely.

If anyone wants them, let me know. You can have them cheep. Like 20 bucks plus shipping.

I guess that would run about fiddy bucks total.

Piccy.

Probably shouldn't post stuff for sale randomly around the forum, but really it's just a case of finding a home for these if they help someone out.
Eggs and Bacon - a days work for a chicken, a lifetime commitment for a pig.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by propforward.

Big Bore Kit 10 years 2 months ago #1776

• kwak1261
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 72
i would be interested if your in the UK .. but i fear shipping cost will be re dick u lars
i see your time zone is minus 6 hours, that puts you the other side of the pond.
Z1300 A4 ZG1300 DFI X2
Z1261J GS1000S
Vmax1200 XT500

Last edit: by kwak1261.

Big Bore Kit 10 years 2 months ago #1777

• propforward
  • Thank you received: 1
Yeah I'm stateside. I think even uber slow surface mail would be silly expensive to the UK.

Sorry 'bout that.
Eggs and Bacon - a days work for a chicken, a lifetime commitment for a pig.

Big Bore Kit 10 years 2 months ago #1790

• Petez13
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 3
Hi zed thirteen
Thanks for your reply, I can't make up my mind if to get this kit from CruzinImage image or not. Maybe because it's seems cheap, then again it doesn't have to mean the quality should suffer.
I've bought another head and barrels from eBay, so I can get on with cleaning up the valves and head etc in the meantime.

Did the big bore kit come with the exact size the barrels need to be machined out to?. Something you need to know for the machine shop to get it right. Actually it might mention the clearance between piston and barrel in the manual but not sure if it applies to this BB kit,,,

cheers Pete.

Last edit: by Petez13.

Big Bore Kit 10 years 2 months ago #1791

• zed_thirteen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137
No, it comes with no documentation of any kind. Just 6 boxes of pistons with rings, pins and clips - all six boxes taped together in a row. Along with a head gasket which doesn't have any kind of attempt to put a sealant around the water jacket channels. Gasket material is dry (Kawasaki gasket has a tacky feel to it). Dread tells me I should use the standard Kawasaki head gasket but I'm not sure.

I did ask Cruising Image if they had details and they tell me they have no information.

As far as I can tell they are 2mm oversize (64mm pistons instead of 62mm).

The manual does have piston ring end clearances. I'm hoping this is enough for an engineering company to work with.

From what I understand most engineering companies like to have the pistons and rings and will bore as required.

They also tell me carbs will probably need re-jetting but they can't tell me what jet size to go for. So I'm going to try 120s
1980 KZ1300 B2 Touring/A2
1990 ZZ-R1100 C1

Big Bore Kit 10 years 2 months ago #1792

• Petez13
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 3
Hi, I think we can be clear, that nothing is clear,,

You would think that they would supply you with machining details,
I would as you say give the machine shop a piston and rings to work with, but then its down to there judgement,,
maybe if anyone out there is reading this and might know,

it's also guess work with jet size as well, I think if I remember correctly the guy who bored his out to 1500cc ended up with smaller jets, just to confuse matters of course.

And with the head gasket, as I mentioned in a previous thread, that it's always be said to use the original kawasaki one or you will end up with problems. Will the original gasket seal properly around the combustion chamber with the new size barrels???

cheers Pete,

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds