The last extractions broke two extractors buried inside the drilled out bolts. What saved me was a Dremel with s flex attachment and carbide bit. It went through the extractor and then I removed carefully all the rest of the bolt until I saw threads. Next, all cleaned up really nice using a pick tool and a tap.
1982 Kawasaki KZ1300 A4
1981 Kawasaki KZ1300 A3
assembling engine, chassis & electrical from 79 - 89 parts
Drilled out to 1/4 with a left hand bit, nothing.
Tried a spiral screw extractor, it bottomed out and stripped out. I have a t30 tapped into there now. Ran out of fuel for the torch. Gonna heat it up later and try again. If that fails I might try soldering it in.
If that fails imma drill it out a lil more and try again. If that all fails imma do that dremmal shit and pull the threads out with a pick...
And my wife is like why do you keep buying project bikes if all I hear is cursing from the garage...
I said the cursing helps get stuck shit out. And it did! Got the plug out!
T40 didnt work. Drilled out to 19/32 for the next size up, spiral screw extractor.
That stripped , but tapping in a T45 did the trick. Only issue now is my 8$ Amazon pressure switch doesnt fit.
Wife seems to have put away my calipers somewhere so I can't measure and see what's wrong.
Tried puting in a 1/8 plug I had laying around and that doesn't fit either. So I'm gonna assume the hole is undersized for some reason. Whatever. Figure it out later...
Pic included for reference. Ran outta bread for victory sandwich so i used some chicken nuggets.