Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

2020-12-08 Kz1300 A1 Test Ride - still overheating (IR Temp Scans) 3 years 3 months ago #28475

• dcarver220b
  • dcarver220b's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 181

strate6 wrote: A very intereting video that !

Am I missing something or is your Rad Cap on the opposite side of the Rad to other 1300's ??

Looking at the FRONT of the Rad, I have only ever seen the Rad Cap to the right hand side.............yours in to the Left ??

Pete F

It would make sense to have the rad cap on LHS, viewed from front.. might making burping easier as it would then be on the high side. You're not missing anything, the FLIR camera tends to reverse the image.. makes it difficult as left is right and up is down and I'm a simple man around town...:)
UK

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2020-12-08 Kz1300 A1 Test Ride - still overheating (IR Temp Scans) 3 years 3 months ago #28476

• dcarver220b
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
Some still images..

2020-12-08 Kz1300 A1 Test Ride - still overheating (IR Temp Scans) 3 years 3 months ago #28477

• dcarver220b
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member

2020-12-08 Kz1300 A1 Test Ride - still overheating (IR Temp Scans) 3 years 3 months ago #28478

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029
Found this Don on a web search-

Screen rotation on FLIR ONE Android app
The image is upside down in the FLIR One Application for Android, how can I change it?
If your device is not rotating the image properly, there is an option on the Settings menu of the application to be able to do it manually.

Please, follow the next steps:
Open the FLIR ONE Application and tap on the three bars at the top-left of the screen (1.png).
Tap Settings (2.png).
On Image Settings, select Image Rotation (3.png)
Select one of the options to rotate the camera's image (4.png).

2020-12-08 Kz1300 A1 Test Ride - still overheating (IR Temp Scans) 3 years 3 months ago #28547

• dcarver220b
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member

Kawboy wrote: Found this Don on a web search-

Screen rotation on FLIR ONE Android app
The image is upside down in the FLIR One Application for Android, how can I change it?
If your device is not rotating the image properly, there is an option on the Settings menu of the application to be able to do it manually.

Please, follow the next steps:
Open the FLIR ONE Application and tap on the three bars at the top-left of the screen (1.png).
Tap Settings (2.png).
On Image Settings, select Image Rotation (3.png)
Select one of the options to rotate the camera's image (4.png).

Apparently, Minor differences exist with FLIR Android vs iOs software. But, I found the magic button named 'Selfie' which sure makes life easier... :whistle:

2020-12-08 Kz1300 A1 Test Ride - still overheating (IR Temp Scans) 3 years 3 months ago #28548

• dcarver220b
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
Yesterday rode the mighty KZ1300 150 Miles around the north county.

The 41 year old bike ran great! Did not overheat. Yes it was cool outside, about 60°F but in similar weather previously the bike did overheat so I am cautiously optimistic that all is now good.

The hottest it got was the upper end of the normal temperature operating zone even when pulling hard on uphills.
Decided to ride it like I stole it. Many trips to redline then decel to keep them rings free.

Happy to say she runs clean and pulls hard from 2000 RPM all the way to red line.

Later today I’ll put it on the lift and see how everything looks.

I even got lit up by a CHP just east of Morro Bay. He was headed the opposite direction I’m stuck in a line of cars. He saw me, hit the lights, then wagged his finger at me.

At first I was a little miffed as I was only 10 over the speed limit. About a mile later, I realized he was actually doing me a favor as there was another CHP waiting for speeders going in my direction, eastbound. So the first CHP was actually a good guy.

Here's a short video of the ride..

Time to create page: 0.538 seconds