Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Another basket case project, but with potentially a different end goal! 4 years 2 months ago #25813

• Jafsteph
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 21
When it's on it's wheels and engine in the finish line near

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Another basket case project, but with potentially a different end goal! 4 years 2 months ago #25834

• McBoney
  • McBoney's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 96
May take a little time.

I have just heard that the top yoke won't be ready until two weeks time (I designed it freehand and it is being CAD-ed and then cut from a billet on Aluminium), and I have finally found someone to powder coat the rear wheel the same colour as the front, ... and I will be away on hols for two weeks... back mid Feb.

In the meantime I ordered and received a new front brake MC to get the rubber seals for the rear, but they are completely different! So I'm back to square one on getting that MC to stop weeping fluid....

Paul
Six-Pot-Cafe in the making...

Last edit: by McBoney.

Another basket case project, but with potentially a different end goal! 4 years 2 months ago #25931

• McBoney
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I managed to use one of the new seals and the new 'top hat' rubber gasket from the front MC repair kit, and the rear MC seems leak free. Result. I have also repainted it and it is ready to be fitted.

In the meantime, the powder coater has managed to powder coat the rear wheel in the same shade as the new front wheel - anthracite grey. Looks great! Ready for new wheel bearings and brake disc.

Gotta decide on tyres now... I'm thinking front: 120/80/R17 and rear 150/70/R17. Michelin Pilots seem to come up in every test as best.... ?

Unfortunately the top yoke is still not done, so can't really progress... :-(

Paul

Attachments:

Another basket case project, but with potentially a different end goal! 4 years 2 months ago #25934

• McBoney
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Inserted the wheel bearings with a press at work. Easy-peasy, and I did not forget the small inner shaft tube (well,.... I nearly did!):blush:

I have also ordered tyres. Bridgestone Battlax BT45's. Size 120/80/17 and 150/70/17. These have a 61 load rating and 145mph speed rating, so fast enough and good for a heavy bike. The sizing makes the front identical to the standard 110/90/18 and the rear slightly smaller (3%) than the standard 130/90/17, so I am not losing any significant height, just a little top speed (but gaining a little acceleration).

Paul

Another basket case project, but with potentially a different end goal! 4 years 1 month ago #25976

• McBoney
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Update; cleaned the swing arm pins, inserted bearings and re-installed the swing arm (see other thread). Also re-attached the final drive and one shock to keep the whole thing together.

Now awaiting top yoke and tyres to build up the front end, and then I can slot the engine back in to the frame.

Attachments:

Another basket case project, but with potentially a different end goal! 4 years 1 month ago #25994

• McBoney
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Rear Brake caliper, shot blasted, powder coated with new piston rubbers, ready for installation, alongside the refurbished MC plus mounting plate.

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds