Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Another basket case project, but with potentially a different end goal! 4 years 6 months ago #25176

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029
Try and get your hands on a piece of high tensile spring wire (piano wire) straighten it out and put a 45 degree kick bend on the end of it just enough so that the end with the bend will fit in the tube. Put the other end in a drill and " roto-root" out the tube
The following user(s) said Thank You: McBoney

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Another basket case project, but with potentially a different end goal! 4 years 6 months ago #25186

• McBoney
  • McBoney's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 96
Ha! Success!

The innards of the old clutch cable linked to a drill did the trick! I will now pull a pipe cleaner wire through and clean it more thoroughly.

Going to the Stafford bike show this weekend. For those of you not in the know, this seems to be one of the biggest bike and parts jumble shows in the UK. I have made a list! :P :P

Paul

Paul
Six-Pot-Cafe in the making...

Another basket case project, but with potentially a different end goal! 4 years 6 months ago #25187

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029
Ada boy.. Similar methodology. Same result.

Another basket case project, but with potentially a different end goal! 4 years 6 months ago #25205

• McBoney
  • McBoney's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 96
More progress... tank is now securely clamped to frame at the rear, seat brackets also installed and presto! I can sit on it again!

Still a little wonky, so needs adjustment, but that is a matter of fettling...

I have a found a set of Tre K Amazonas Marzocchi front forks that seem to be long enough and they look great (black outer top and gold inside tubes, with triple tree). Currently discussing with the italian owner (in Google-translate-Italian!) to confirm the length and condition, and then price.

I am now also in the market for a good radiator and fan, but these parts are scarce in the UK, plus expensive... (parts in the US are so much cheaper, but shipping and duties upon entering UK sometime make it non-viable).

I also now need to think about the coils - I have none, so need to buy three... any recommendations greatly received.

Lastly at the Stafford show (BIG show, but no KZ1300's at all, whereas at least 20 Honda CBX's) I talked to a guy who builds bikes for a living and he swears by Motogadget M Blue digital fusebox: motogadget.com/en/2017/03/01/the-new-m-unit-blue/ .

Upon reading up on it these sound great! Anyone have any experience of these things?

Cheers
Paul
Six-Pot-Cafe in the making...
Attachments:

Last edit: by McBoney.

Another basket case project, but with potentially a different end goal! 4 years 6 months ago #25207

• scotch
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 831
A nice gadget - no doubt, but "over-kill" in my opinion for Function vs. Cost.
I bought one of these on EBay for about $6.00 ! K.I.S.S.
www.kz1300.com/index.php/forum/electrica...new-fuse-block#16640
1980 KZ 1300 sr# KZT30A-009997
Always High - Know Fear !

Another basket case project, but with potentially a different end goal! 4 years 5 months ago #25208

• tackelhappy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 164
I have the M-Blue on my bike along with a lot of other Motogadget stuff and it has worked really good. However, it is a bit of overkill unless you are doing a complete new wiring harness as it will give you almost unlimited options. So for example -you may want to go to LED lighting and therefore use much smaller gauge wire .
" If you can't say what you think, very soon you won't be able to think !
OKANAGAN FALLS. BC ,Canada
The following user(s) said Thank You: scotch, StanG

Time to create page: 0.489 seconds