TOPIC:

Wanted - Carb slide duracon washer 8 years 11 months ago #6920

• zed_thirteen
  • zed_thirteen's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137
Hi guys,

just been reading through all of the carb overhaul notes on here and realised I am missing one of the spacers for the carb slides.

It's described as "92022-1155 WASHER,PLAIN,DURACON Not Available". Its part number 22 on the exploded carb diagram

And I ripped this photo from someone else's thread

Anybody have one they are willing to part with?

Cheers
David
1980 KZ1300 B2 Touring/A2
1990 ZZ-R1100 C1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Wanted - Carb slide duracon washer 8 years 11 months ago #6925

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1027
Now you've done it. I just rebuilt 3 carbs and I don't remember seeing this washer on any of the slide holders. Now I'm going to have to check this. As I've posted before, I hate having to fix the shit that others leave behind. That's the consequences of picking up a bike from someone who doesn't have a clue about repairing things.

(Actually, I'm grateful to you for posting this. It just means I have some backtracking to do)

Wanted - Carb slide duracon washer 8 years 11 months ago #6927

• McZed
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 26
I hate to add to your pain Kawboy.
I too had one of these washers missing when I rebuilt my carbs. I found a thicker version in my junk box so I sanded it down to size. :blush:
Z1300 UK

Wanted - Carb slide duracon washer 8 years 11 months ago #6939

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1027
Shit, shit, shit, shit shit...... Pulled the lid off of the right carb and checked for the washer and it was there. Can't just stop at that so pulled the lid off of the left carb and the washer is missing, now I have to pull the lid off of the center carb but of course all the throttle linkage etc. is on that one.
Like I keep saying, I hate following idiots who think they know how to repair stuff. There's something to be said for buying a new one and not letting anybody touch it but yourself. I won't even take my new cars back to the dealership for an oil change. Trust nobody.
All that being said, from this point on every thing I check will have to be inspected against a parts drawing. What kind of idiots tear things apart and put back together and then find a couple of washers left over and say "oh well, I guess we won't need these anymore"

Wanted - Carb slide duracon washer 8 years 11 months ago #6941

• zed_thirteen
  • zed_thirteen's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137
I fear I probably lost mine myself in the garage at my last house.

This part is no longer available so now I need to look for some alternative material to make one from.

In my mind I believe I can identify every single component from a Z13 but when I moved house and sweep out the garage I probably wouldn't even have noticed it.
1980 KZ1300 B2 Touring/A2
1990 ZZ-R1100 C1

Wanted - Carb slide duracon washer 8 years 11 months ago #6943

• scotch
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 830
Holy-kaw kawboy; you sound just like "scotch".....wait a minute, I mean - ME :woohoo:

Sorry dude, but at your expense just had the best morning laugh. Oh, how i feel your pain and appreciate your point. Did I mention I sense your frustration :angry:

For sale: 1 set (3) slide-washers part number 92022-1155 WASHER,PLAIN,DURACON #22 on the exploded carb diagram.

Note: Come installed in fully assembled carb-set ready to run: $525.00CDN. Typical to eBay ads where some idiot tries to sell carb-parts 1 screw at a time ($12.00 plus $49.00 shipping) I feel these are a bargain at $175.00 per piece. WTF: I'll even throw in the shipping !

Sorry everyone - couldn't ignore this :evil:

To the new guys: This is WHY WE TAKE PICTURES AND THEN PUT ALL OUR BITS AND PIECES INTO LABELED ZIP-LOCK BAGS :huh:

BACK TO YOU KAWBOY: you've likely figured out how to get the center-carb top off with minimal dis-assembly of the linkage but ya, it's still a pain !

Can't just stop at that so pulled the lid off of the left carb and the washer is missing, now I have to pull the lid off of the center carb but of course all the throttle linkage etc. is on that one.

An excellent example of discipline in being thorough, displaying "due diligence" and not "assuming" anything. Something the previous owner lacked, obviously.

Now I'll do what everyone else is doing right now and go on to the net and see what alternative solution is available. There's always a "work-around" - just need to discover it ;)
1980 KZ 1300 sr# KZT30A-009997
Always High - Know Fear !

Last edit: by scotch.
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds