Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Taking display/instrument off the tank of the ZN 1300 2 years 8 months ago #29538

• Bar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 45
Hi Kenny,

I just logged in to check what's new here.
I am very busy with work as the cruise lines going back to operation
just came back after 7 weeks onboard.

the bike look good, very nice paint job, great build.

I still didn't finish my bike, all I really need to do is the seat 
And still having the same issue with the clutch, I think I assembled it the wrong way.
I see you are using aftermarket clutch lever, do you have any issue with it?
When I use aftermarket, it look like I don’t have enough pull for the clutch to engage
How is your working?Altogether, great bike, you did a nice job on it, now enjoy riding it
1984 Kawasaki Voyager
2002 Honda CBR954

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Taking display/instrument off the tank of the ZN 1300 2 years 8 months ago #29540

• kjm190661
  • kjm190661's Avatar Topic Author
  • Kenny190661
  • Thank you received: 4
No issue with the clutch, but I did put a spacer outside the casing just to get the right distance /feel. After all, it's a clutch and a cable that allows the clutch to do its duties. Regarding throttles and /or clutch :The Better machanism you can afford the more likely it is to be quality engineering, and a better product - no shit Sherlock I hear you say.. If you have the chance go for a dual.cable accelerater cable do it. 
There is nothing that doesn't work if you have right skills and. Leadership BTW. 
​​​​​​

Be carefule about oil your bike runs on. Lots of places/aws/ebay advised syntheti s as OK. Not so. I put these oils in and the clutch was slipping like hell, went back to classic castrol and all was OK. 

Taking display/instrument off the tank of the ZN 1300 2 years 8 months ago #29542

• Bar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Thank you Kenny,
Clutch and throttle cables are special order, made by motionpro
If someone ever needed custom cable made, they are doing a great job with great customer service
They can do any cable for any specification
1984 Kawasaki Voyager
2002 Honda CBR954

Last edit: by Bar.

Taking display/instrument off the tank of the ZN 1300 2 years 8 months ago #29545

• kjm190661
  • Kenny190661
Regarding your seat. I can highly recommend Autoretrim -I have had 3 seats done by them. Top class for less than £300. Business nameAutoretrimContact nameNick or DavePhone07950734204AddressAutoretrim Unit 8 Cradley Enterprise Centre Maypole Fields HALESOWEN WEST MIDLANDS B63 2QB
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bar

Taking display/instrument off the tank of the ZN 1300 2 years 8 months ago #29563

• kjm190661
  • Kenny190661
Hi Bar
So I ended up getting a guy (Pyscho Cycles - Stuart) to fill in the big hole that was for cables at the front of the tank and flatten the mounting posts and bits for the on-tank instrument panel.
I took off the screw on Kawasaki emblems on the side of the tank and filled in those screw holes as well. Didn't do black in the end, but did a Black metallic marbles base with deep candy metallic red over the top. Some gold leaf stripes and gold kawasaki decals to replace the screw on's to and 15 coats of lacquer and hey presto. It would take a pick axe to mark it as it was slow baked for 6 days afterwards too.  I have a GSX 1400 Suzuki and I thought it has a big tank - the ZN is huge when stripped back and exposed. Cheers.
Kenny 

Taking display/instrument off the tank of the ZN 1300 2 years 7 months ago #29759

• Bar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Hi Kenny,
I'm out of the country, crazy year with lots of traveling
my bike still in same stage, i need to fix the clutch issue and the seat
hope to be back home soon with some time to finish the project

i saw the video of your bike, came out beautiful !!!

Eran
1984 Kawasaki Voyager
2002 Honda CBR954

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds