Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Piston rings 2 years 5 months ago #29852

• Bucko
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 164
Interesting end profile on those rings.  It's been a while since I've looked at rings - don't remember the profile being so 'domed'.
Hello from Canada's We(s)t coast.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Piston rings 2 years 5 months ago #29853

• scotch
  • scotch's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 830
I've ordered a set of IMD rings.   
1980 KZ 1300 sr# KZT30A-009997
Always High - Know Fear !

Piston rings 2 years 5 months ago #29854

• scotch
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
It's a pleasure to deal with a business that actually takes pride in their products and responds to inquiries. The "CODE" referred to in the following message will be forwarded to Bill and I'll let him decide how to administer it's application for members.From: Andrew IMD <This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.>
Date: Mon, Oct 11, 2021 at 8:15 AM 

Dear Bob, 
If you wondered, I tried to call a couple of times earlier, as I always prefer Thank you for getting in touch. We are familiar with Cruizinimage, however we do not recommend this seller. I can gather from your initial feedback, that some other riders are also not happy regarding responses from this seller either. Now, on to the rings. They should have been produced with some form of etching or marking. Ours are all etched with the letter R, and the size in millimetres The writing always goes facing up, as displayed on the attached spec sheet. We provide piston kits, and piston ring sets. For any of your club members, if they wish to purchase from our store, I will offer a PERMENANT discount code on our website, ONLY for the members of this forum to use.  This is for 15%, and will be made active upon your reply.  Please do not publish this discount code anywhere, other than on the forum (preferably on a members only post).Code: ********* In todays world Bob, we get what we pay for.  Our piston rings are made with FCD steel, cast to a high specification, with the modern 3pc oil ring, and more importantly, they are designed and made by a person who cares about what they are selling, and I take great pride in ensuring that customers receive the correct part, with the correct instruction, and with all questions fulfilled. We have the following here for KZ1300's: IMD Piston Kits (6): 62mm, 62.5mm, 63mmGasket Set (Complete) JapanIMD Piston Rings: 62mm. If you require any more information or help, I would be more than happy to assist. Best RegardsAndrew Wright

The following user(s) said Thank You: KZQ, biltonjim

Last edit: by scotch.

Piston rings 2 years 5 months ago #29855

• biltonjim
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 240
This sounds very promising, Scotch. 
Do the cylinders look good after having been honed?
Any sign of your valves from Australia?

Piston rings 2 years 5 months ago #29856

• scotch
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
My Pistons and cylinders mic'd to within spec. so a light precision honing was all that was required. Valves from Australia arrived in good time and were fit per seat; some with a light stem grinding with the intent to keep the shims as close to the same for the intake and exhaust. Whether this effort works will be discovered when I check the clearances. Rings should be here in a week and then the assembly can start.

Piston rings 2 years 5 months ago #29857

• dcarver220b
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 181
Empathy bud.

Time to create page: 0.108 seconds