Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

1983 z1300 7 years 1 week ago #16233

• kiwirider
  • kiwirider's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 17
No have never meet or spoke to him a friend of his in Hamilton brought it on his behalf.
2018 Harley cvo ultra 1982 cbx1000 1980 gsx1100 2012 gtr1400 cx500 turbo 1977 suzuki gt750

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1983 z1300 7 years 1 week ago #16277

• Dion
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 42
as i had known him the bike would be going to some one who is certainly capable of looking after it
may i ask where in NZ you are Graem, how did you go with all that last weather we had ?
certainly not bike weather up here with all the slips around the place
rather envious over your new acquisition, good spotting, i frequently check trademe as well looking to find one that is later model and going, missed that one Bugger!
certainly hope it does you better than your last beast .
cheers Dion

1983 z1300 7 years 1 week ago #16279

• kiwirider
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
Hi Dion i am in ch ch we didn't get the flooding you got just a lot of rain.The man that picked my z1r up lives up lees valley way and knows you very well does a lot of adventure riding Ive forgotten his name already .The z1300 i just brought i was lucky to look on trade me at the right time the owner could have sold it ten times over its still got the black plate i took it for a ride on Monday no oil leaks runs fine no misfire idles very smooth and quite when warmed up bit rattly cold. My valves cam chain idler new shims and other parts have just turned up for the other one i will post pictures when the head is finished thanks Graham
2018 Harley cvo ultra 1982 cbx1000 1980 gsx1100 2012 gtr1400 cx500 turbo 1977 suzuki gt750
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dion

1983 z1300 7 years 6 days ago #16284

• Dion
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
Hmm does not ring a bell
By way of chance where you living in ch ch when John Britten was around ?
its really interesting the difference in topography between us i visited Picton, Blenheim, Nelson over xmas, we got real lucky with the weather.
the roads are so open, not like up here more a scratchers rd.
hoping to get to Dunedin, have offer to stay down their and go and see that Invercargil bike fiesta some time, have you ever been ?.
Regards Dion

1983 z1300 7 years 6 days ago #16285

• kiwirider
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
Yes Dion i have lived and worked in ch ch most of my life, love the Britten bikes and followed John and Andrew as much as i could such a sad loss to NZ and motorcycles when John passed away.I do a lot of bike riding and motorcycle rally's have done every Burt Monroe pleased they are changing the dates to February as the weather has been bad Evey year.You are more than welcome to stay here and yes the south island has great roads but i love your forgotten highway. Not been over seas as much as you but i went to sturgis 2013 cant wait to go back .i

1983 z1300 7 years 4 days ago #16290

• Dion
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
Sturgis, is that the one in South Dakota Black hills ? watched a doco about a bike rally their Its HUGE
not sure if that or Daytona would be the biggest over their.. that would be a pretty amazing experience it runs quite a few days doesn't it
Forgotten Hwy ? i must have forgotten about that! Ha! where do you refer?
I met John when i was racing a Baypark, latter through Mike Sinclair i got to Know Him better saw him few times in Europe
when i was in Christchurch with my sister i caught up with him and he took us through his factory, pretty amazing.
did you know he also worked with prosthetic developments, showed me some stuff he was doing
when i was living in Perth i met a bloke that had been tied up with him and a American crowed that had brought(so they thought) the rights to the Indian name< they where planning a road version with John of the V1000. pity it never eventuated
THANKS very much for the stay offer! if i get the chance to get back to ch ch ill definitely Catch up be warned ! i love talking to people about pretty much anything
yeah my wife moans all the time
anyways ill try and dig out some time all the old Britten pics ive got and put some on
still haven't actually worked out how to put the Zed pics up yet
good talking
Dion

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds