Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Lean Idle 4 years 11 months ago #24205

• zed_thirteen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137

Frank833 wrote:

zed_thirteen wrote: I have cruzin image 1370 kit on mine and am having difficulty setting up the carbs.

That is part of why I put an O2 Sensor and Gauge on mine. Still working out the idle mixture. Will move on after I get this close and let everyone know what I ended up with.

I'm very interested in your 02/Lambda sensor work. Will follow with interest
1980 KZ1300 B2 Touring/A2
1990 ZZ-R1100 C1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Lean Idle 4 years 11 months ago #24206

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029
I see a couple of you are using the Innovate wide band O2 sensor and I'm not sure if you've followed this instruction on free air calibrating the O2 sensor so here's a link. Pretty straight forward.

blog.innovatemotorsports.com/o2-sensor-f...-is-it-so-important/

Lean Idle 4 years 11 months ago #24207

• scotch
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 832
Once you've got your O2 sensor is calibrated (?) I'll make a suggestion regarding the 6 idle (fuel-air) needles.
1980 KZ 1300 sr# KZT30A-009997
Always High - Know Fear !

Lean Idle 4 years 11 months ago #24208

• Frank833
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 89

Kawboy wrote: I see a couple of you are using the Innovate wide band O2 sensor and I'm not sure if you've followed this instruction on free air calibrating the O2 sensor so here's a link. Pretty straight forward.

blog.innovatemotorsports.com/o2-sensor-f...-is-it-so-important/

You really do need to remove the sensor from the exhaust for this. Be sure you install it in such a way that this is not a PITA to do. We end up re-calibrating the sensors in the race car regularly (multiple times a year) for various reasons. On the bike I have it mounted so I can do this and only have to cut a zip-tie or two.

Last edit: by Frank833.

Lean Idle 4 years 11 months ago #24209

• Frank833
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 89

StanG wrote: doesn't come on!
I hope I didn't screw anything up, as I was being careful and connected the right wires. It's an expensive gauge....
I used Colortune for checking the spark.

We have used the Innovate meters in lots of cars. Have never messed one up. I'm confident we've not got the wiring right first time on more than one occasion. Other than an occasional O2 sensor failure (which is obvious) and needing regular calibration, we have not had a failure. On our ECU controlled cars, we can turn off auto-correction when the O2 fails until we get a replacement in. BTW, these are Bosch sensors - you don't have to order from Innovate for replacements.

But, they are sensitive to voltage. On the bike, the gauge reports an error when the engine is cranking - the voltage is too low. I've even connected it direct to the battery and it still does this. But it's not really an issue, as soon as the engine fires the gauge is happy.

Lean Idle 4 years 11 months ago #24210

• StanG
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 248
Just crossed my mind. Does the sensor being screwed to the welded bung act as ground? Having mine on a stick would be a problem right there and perhaps also an answer...
I'll need to check it. It doesn't come on at all when connected to the battery (through the plug - I use the same plug for checking voltage and charger if needed). Just a dead gauge like if there is no power.

Mine is AEM, and says it doesn't need calibration.

I insert the rod into the heat protective sheet to put it inside the exhaust.

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.118 seconds