Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

1981 KZ1300 A3 make over 4 years 3 months ago #25491

• StanG
  • StanG's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 248
I've been fishing for undamaged parts of the air intake for a very very long time. Bought some that proven to be faulty in one way or the other. (they can be, and will be, fabricated to be fully functional). Super happy to have finally a set that needs no tweaking! All cam from 4 sources, and made a one complete set. The K&N filter is for a mysterious reason not fitting, and will need a bit of shaving on the edges adjustment. Not a big deal, if you don't mind it protruding a bit above the airbox line at the moment. It will be corrected.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by StanG.

1981 KZ1300 A3 make over 4 years 3 months ago #25492

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1027
K&N had several runs of wrong sized filters. I got involved with their technical department and after the 3rd attempt, they finally got it right. So there are all kinds of K&N's floating around out there that are not the correct size.that will show up on FleeBay etc. so be aware.
The following user(s) said Thank You: StanG

1981 KZ1300 A3 make over 4 years 3 months ago #25494

• StanG
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
Interesting piece of info Kawboy. I have a K&N in my first 13 and it fits perfectly. This one I got from Frank, it could be one of those botched ones. The height is correct if I remember it right, it is just a too tight. I'm going to shave off a bit from the filter and it should be fine.

1981 KZ1300 A3 make over 4 years 3 months ago #25635

• StanG
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
Current state. Quite pissed with what discover along the way disassembling this bike. Absolute ignorance and sloppiness I've never seen before. But prove of that will come a bit later, as it will require time editing pictures just to show proverbial 'shit'. So, for tonight, I settle for where I'm at.

All clear. Next step lifting the front end, removing the wheel, and setting all on a dolly (yet to fit). The plan has changed - no engine removal there. It will happen at my place. Same spot!

Attachments:

1981 KZ1300 A3 make over 4 years 3 months ago #25636

• StanG
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
0K. A teaser, as I just can't get over it.

I had to remove lots of electrical tape, just to find bundles of wires crudely soldered and without any consistency. Pretty much, ALL connectors were cut off and replaced with 'as you go' crude end to end soldering. I can go on, but that's fr later..

I got the harness out - FINALLY!!! What a bunch of mess. Connections soldered, no color consistency, weird routes, all around - a ToTAL MESS!!! No wonder turn signal didn't work, a fucking weird rear stop signal didn't work!!! I rode the bike, but rode like shit. Idle didn't work. But that's another subject, asn there were more fuck ups on this bike than the wiring.

IS THIS H0W A M0TORCYCLE HARNESS SH0ULD L00K LIKE???

That back of this ignition wiring - fu ck 0HH! With this in the back!!!??? Nice craftsmanship....

Fucking smearing black snot all over beyond anything at even a fringe necessary by whoever asshole did this bike and put it together - I am moving on. But what a shame.

Attachments:

1981 KZ1300 A3 make over 4 years 3 months ago #25637

• StanG
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
Not unexpected - leak from differential seal. At least not at the wheel gear. This should be easier to address. And there might be a different reason than the seals - did the asshole insert the right thickness shms???? Looks like egg whites and yolk mixed, air coming in? Too much oil? Not enough? Depending on if this unit is sealed properly.

Despite this oil trying to go up the shat tV wards the engine, it's source is not at the engine. That is great news!!!! Will need to take a closer look at the differential

Frankly, I hope too much oil didn't blow the selas out to create this mess. The seals will need replacement, potentially. Hopefully not. People still don't get it - too much of the 'good thing' will have adverse effect!

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds