TOPIC:

1981 KZ1300 A3 make over 4 years 4 months ago #25450

• StanG
  • StanG's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 248
Hi Bob!

Tank you for the comprehensive write up. Just got of the bike. Starts instantly at freezing temperatures, and idles like a sawing machine. No backfire. It happens when hot. I dubt there is an exhaust leak (logically following way I assembled it). So... definitely something with the #3 carb. And it happens only an very aggressive deceleration. Shifting down with smoother throttle backing off has no effect. It seems like it happens in the 15 - 20% of the heavy engine breaking whule hot.

I am kind of thinking swapping carbs when the #2 is fiering? I might invest in a set of pods for easy carburator exchange. I dread the seals of the stock set up! Proverbial bitch!

You are absolutely right. Yes, in a way, I've been hoarding KZ1300 stuff. But that's only when the price and opportunity was right. ANd I am paying for this right now through my nose (cc card debts). BUt I am after Aa bigger pic. The imge of another 1300 beautiful and running. I just must do that.

I will follow up on the backfire thing. Seems like not a naging thing, but I want the bike to run perfect! Well, just an hour ago when I took it out again it screamed!!! I did the rear wheel wiggle accelerating, and in general - it's a very comfortable power house.

ime to wind up writing.
Stan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1981 KZ1300 A3 make over 4 years 4 months ago #25453

• Bucko
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 164

StanG wrote: I think the connectors are sold at zed-parts. Will report back when I get an order.

Stan - you can probably find what you need here: www.vintageconnections.com/ I've used them many times.
Hello from Canada's We(s)t coast.
The following user(s) said Thank You: zed_thirteen

1981 KZ1300 A3 make over 4 years 4 months ago #25454

• StanG
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
Damn! I see beer and typing on the phone with one eye on the TV don't really mix. :blink:

Thank you Bucko, I will check them out.

1981 KZ1300 A3 make over 4 years 4 months ago #25459

• scotch
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 832
Damn! I see beer and typing on the phone with one eye on the TV don't really mix. :blink:

Ah, "Grasshopper" It takes years of dedicated practice to master. When you can snatch the scotch glass from my hand - Then and only then will you truly be ready ! :woohoo:
1980 KZ 1300 sr# KZT30A-009997
Always High - Know Fear !

1981 KZ1300 A3 make over 4 years 4 months ago #25461

• StanG
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
I do have actually decades of practice, and I always make safe home. The fine detail that people don't know is, while they have 4-5 beers, or scotch, I have 4-5 gallons. Things can get blurry at those speeds! hahaha :blink: :silly: :pinch:

1981 KZ1300 A3 make over 4 years 4 months ago #25489

• StanG
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds