Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Another basket case project, but with potentially a different end goal! 3 years 11 months ago #26753

• McBoney
  • McBoney's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 96
More progress...

Got the oil pan on with a new filter

Then swapped the forks around and got the brake calipers on - the right way round this time! I did find out in the process that I had put the spacer on the front wheel in the wrong place, so the whole exercise did benefit me in other ways.

I also attached both rear sets, the brake one was a b*tch to get lined up properly, the gear one went on right first time.

Last thing I did was check the fan switch and then solder on a new tab as the old one had gone, and fifty quid for a new one if the old one still worked I was too stingy for. Its a bit 'peanut butter crumble' but it works and it is hidden away, plus... I hate soldering!

Six-Pot-Cafe in the making...
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by McBoney.

Another basket case project, but with potentially a different end goal! 3 years 11 months ago #26755

• Bucko
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 164
Pretty slick work. Can't wait to see the final result.
Hello from Canada's We(s)t coast.

Another basket case project, but with potentially a different end goal! 3 years 11 months ago #26772

• McBoney
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I found a place to put the igniter, the ignition solenoid and the regulator. The solenoid is tucked underneath the 'bridge' and you can see it where the black and yellow wire come out.

The battery and the digital fusebox will go into a small box between the swing arm and the engine block. I mocked it up using a card board box..

Finally unwrapped the carbs that Oz refurbished for me two years ago. Looking nice!! :cheer:

I put one rubber on to see how much room I have to make an air box..... plenty!:P

Last edit: by McBoney.

Another basket case project, but with potentially a different end goal! 3 years 11 months ago #26775

• McBoney
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Ha! Spot the obvious mistake regarding the starter solenoid.... !

.... won't work with it connected to ground! Doh! :S

I think it might still need to 'live' near the battery.

Paul

Another basket case project, but with potentially a different end goal! 3 years 11 months ago #26798

• McBoney
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Not much progress today, put the carb rubbers back on using new stainless bolts and then fitted the carbs. I was surprised how tight and stable the carbs are with just the rubbers to support them, They will get additional support where the airbox used to be, but they are pretty secure as they are now.

I also cut to size and fitted the rear fender with two brackets to the swingarm so that it moves 'with the tyre'.

I stuck the left over bit from the rear fender on the front and did a mock up to get an idea of what the thing will look like when done...

Attachments:

Another basket case project, but with potentially a different end goal! 3 years 11 months ago #26822

• McBoney
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Oooh, new brake discs! I love them!

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.105 seconds