kz1300 banner

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Another basket case project, but with potentially a different end goal!

Another basket case project, but with potentially a different end goal! 2 weeks 4 days ago #25245

• McBoney
  • McBoney's Avatar Topic Author
  • Golden Sixer
  • Golden Sixer
  • Thank you received: 36
Hoop is on!

It looks a little high, but the shocks are not on, so that will lower the bike quite a bit still.

One issue: the seat is too far forward, so I will have to redo the rear brackets.. :-(

Paul

Six-Pot-Cafe in the making...
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Another basket case project, but with potentially a different end goal! 2 weeks 3 days ago #25247

• StanG
  • Platinum Sixer
  • Platinum Sixer
  • Thank you received: 226
It looks great Paul! I can start seeing where you are going with this project. It's a long way before that, but I'm wondering what handlebars will you choose. Something customised to fit the bike's new lines, or will you stick to stock (if stock is what you had)
1982 Kawasaki KZ1300 A4
1981 Kawasaki KZ1300 A3
assembling engine, chassis & electrical from 79 - 89 parts

Another basket case project, but with potentially a different end goal! 2 weeks 23 hours ago #25256

• McBoney
  • McBoney's Avatar Topic Author
  • Golden Sixer
  • Golden Sixer
  • Thank you received: 36
Ok, I checked two more items this weekend. The rear brakes and the coolant tank.

The coolant tank has cracks and a hole in the back and is unusable, However, I noticed it is quite deep and intrudes quite bit into the area where I had planned the battery etc to go. My question: Is that reservoir pressurised and does to need to be that big, ie can the size of it be halved? I can cut off the rear half where the cracks are and then seal it back up with another piece of clear plastic.

The rear brake MC was stuck. I unstuck it and the bore seems to be OK, but think I need a new set of piston rubbers. These seem to be impossible to get anymore. Anyone any ideas? I can of course get myself another MC from another bike, but tbh the standard pedal, brake pedal and MC attachment set up is quite neat, so I'd like to keep it if possible. Also the reservoir diaphragm is ... iffy. Useable, but I'd rather get a new one.... again: unobtainable. Ideas welcome.

Hereunder the 'exploded' view of the pedal and MC assembly... If you are able to zoom in, you can see that the two screws holding the lid on the reservoir are totally destroyed. I had to use a heat gun to undo them. Fortunately I have found two new screws that fit,

Paul

Six-Pot-Cafe in the making...
Attachments:

Last edit: by McBoney.
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds