Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 1982 KZ1300 rescue and rebuild

1982 KZ1300 rescue and rebuild 2 weeks 21 hours ago #24152

• StanG
  • StanG's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Sixer
  • Platinum Sixer
  • Thank you received: 206
Yes Paul, the Vmax horn sounds like a mosquito! I already mounted the Denali, just need to connect. I think it's vital to have it!

I already eyed the KZ1300 for a place to mount one. Not easy! But I will get it done. I am thinking making a bracket attached to where the two threaded holes are on the frame behind the radiator. And pair it with a couple of small air scoops to direct more air into it (the radiator that is)
1982 Kawasaki KZ1300 A4
Building an engine from random parts. This will eventually morph into building a bike from random parts - if it ever happens. Need a frame to begin with.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by StanG.

1982 KZ1300 rescue and rebuild 1 week 6 days ago #24169

• StanG
  • StanG's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Sixer
  • Platinum Sixer
  • Thank you received: 206
The Denali air horn works great! Still on a simple crude bracket, I will cut the corners later. I recommend it!

I think I am leaving the KZ as is now, as actually the current horn is quite loud. Not as much as Denali, but I think enough.

Installed the side grab handle. (thank you Paul, McBoney!) I had to remove the useless stock helmet lock, but keeping it in a drawer for originality when needed. And it was truly useless - there is no way to use it to lock a modern helmet. This handle looks cool, and is helpful.

I was going to make my own passenger grab rail, but still without a good pipe bending gadget and no welding machine, I just gave in and ordered it from the UK. From John, who was suggested a few months ago as a good fabricator who has been specializing in making them. It will be a useful addition, especially for the passenger to have something to hold on to - just in case. The seat is quite slick, and I understand the worry of sliding back. The grab rail will also look good on the bike.
1982 Kawasaki KZ1300 A4
Building an engine from random parts. This will eventually morph into building a bike from random parts - if it ever happens. Need a frame to begin with.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by StanG.
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds