• Page:

TOPIC:

rear tire 3 years 8 months ago #27489

• scotch
  • scotch's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 830
For what it's worth: I'm waiting for a rear tire to be delivered and thought I'd mention that the 2 best rear tires I've had for mileage and good handling have been Continental. A Continental"1" back in '80 - new when I went across Canada. Bald when I got home - 8,000 kilomters. Had other brands - one only lasted 3000K ( can't remember the make).
Two years ago I put on a Coninental "Conti-motion" 150/70ZR17. 10,984 Kilometers. It wore thru on the last ride but I got my money's worth !.

1980 KZ 1300 sr# KZT30A-009997
Always High - Know Fear !
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

rear tire 3 years 7 months ago #27492

• Bucko
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 164
:blink: Never seen a tire worn through to the cords on the side like that! You must go around a lot of corners :cheer:
Hello from Canada's We(s)t coast.

rear tire 3 years 7 months ago #27493

• Bucko
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 164
Here's my rear Voyager tire after a trip of about 10k Kms (approximately 16k Kms total on the tire - not bad for a cheap IRC - think it was IRC - tire that came on the bike when I bought it).

(that bald spot tho :oops: - I know, I'm an idiot - I knew the tread was getting thin but I was getting close to home and I checked it several times over the last few days - it just happened the bare spot was not showing when I checked.

Hello from Canada's We(s)t coast.

Last edit: by Bucko.

rear tire 3 years 7 months ago #27494

• scotch
  • scotch's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 830
Yes, I like to "corner" (who doesn't) .....but know the limits and back-off from that a bit !
Same situation. Was watching the tire closely as I knew it was getting down. Looked at it at the half-way point on that last little run and it was still OK. I now know there is little if anything under that center groove and will certainly keep that in mind with the new tire.
1980 KZ 1300 sr# KZT30A-009997
Always High - Know Fear !

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds