Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

removing the bushing , speedometer from front wheel hub. 4 years 1 month ago #26247

• CWB
  • CWB's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 11
Looking at the 1982 KZ1300 parts diagram: Front wheel hub: Gear box assembly: I need to remove the Bushing speedometer ( Ref 19) part 92028-1045 . the thread on the end of the bushing is where the speedo cable attaches ( not the rev cable!) to the gear box assembly on the front wheel hub.

The purpose is to replace the :pinion, speedometer(ref 17 on the diagram) part No 41060-1021.This is the spiral gear.

So far I have removed the spring pin by running a thin drill bit through the hollow middle of the pin through the aluminium housing and out the opposite side. I then drilled this locating hole to the correct pin size, used a punch and drove the pin out the way it was put in. I'm not going to tell you how long it took me to work that out...took five minutes after the "light bulb went on" .

So is this bushing pressed in, threaded in ; right hand or left hand thread and how to get a fix on the threaded end to wind or pull without damaging the very soft thread. I have considered a nut with a T welded on it for pulling twisting etc but concerned about the fragility of thread, so thought I would ask for advice.

Thanks

Bill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

removing the bushing , speedometer from front wheel hub. 4 years 1 month ago #26249

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029
Hi Bill,
There just happens to be 1 for sale on EBay with a couple of great pictures. Looks like it's threaded in with a right hand thread. See pics. I would suggest a little heat and a light grip with ( i hate to say it) vice grips will probably get it out.
Attachments:

Last edit: by Kawboy.

removing the bushing , speedometer from front wheel hub. 4 years 1 month ago #26261

• CWB
Thanks for bringing the above pics to my attention Kawboy. They show how I might run a nut onto the thread and draw the shank out using that nut. regards
Bill

removing the bushing , speedometer from front wheel hub. 4 years 3 weeks ago #26346

• CWB
Hi Kawboy
A quick update:
I did run a nut over the thread which incidentally was 12mm x 1mm pitch and was able to draw out the shank easily with no damage to the soft thread.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kawboy

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds