• Page:

TOPIC:

Wheel Track Offset 4 years 8 months ago #24573

• Daro
  • Daro's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 78
Strate6 yeah I'm sure that's original Z13 front fork, some times back i thought its weird with one clamp bolt but the rest its like 13's have. Zed13 thanks for commenting on this one, it is going to be some major attack on the swing arm to get the bike straight so any help is highly appreciated. Strate6 my bike is 79 US version. Guys thanks for the comments, one more thing, by any chance did any one of you ever happen to measure you bikes symmetry? And as for Z13 high speed behavior regarding the weave, did any one have experienced something like this? (well if 150 km/h is high speed)
Thanks Darek

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Daro.

Wheel Track Offset 4 years 8 months ago #24575

• StanG
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 248
Coincidentally I just took the bike to at least 160 km/hr. Perhaps 170, as I kept accelerating. By the way, I truly am not a fan of these neutered 80 miles speedometers!
I was with a passenger, and the rear shocks set to be the softest as like that I'm trying to cheat my way to have the seat lower. All the bearings on my bike are brand new, and I think the air pressure in both front forks and rear shocks is good (I haven't checked in a long time).
I am wondering what you mean by 'wave'. The bike behaved differently from what I'm used to, and that's due to being much taller I assume. But I wouldn't describe anything as a 'wave'. I have a Vmax with much bigger offset than yours, and no wave or any problem. And it's true - some bikes come with offset by design.
The KZ1300 feels different when cornering even at slow speeds due to geometry, and it took a bit getting used to it. 0verall, it feels like it wants to stay upright so I try harder to lean over. In straight line it seemed stable, but honestly I can't say anything definite considering the wind factor, passenger and it was just a short burst.

I'm wondering about the air pressure in your forks. Are the connected or not? Are they equal?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Daro

Last edit: by StanG.

Wheel Track Offset 4 years 8 months ago #24577

• Daro
  • Daro's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 78
Stan, i don't like the 80Mp/h speedo, European version is mutch better, but they are very expensive and hard to get so i got garmin navi and through gps i see how quick i am. With weave i meant when you ride, the handle bars start to move slowly left and right even if you have you hands on them and you feel the bike is swaying to the left and right, its also called wobble and weave google (Dunlop Wobble & Weave). Yeah my kawa stays upright too, i like that and you can lean like crazy to the side when taking corners, like in moto gp hanging of the bike but just doing like 100 kmh ha ha ha. I never put any air in front forks, don't really know why, i thought it will be ok like this, and the are not connected.
Thanks for you information Stan.

Last edit: by Daro.

Wheel Track Offset 4 years 8 months ago #24583

• StanG
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 248
I have a spare 240 km/hr speedo but so far keeping the original on the bike. I'd like to keep the odometer real, so I want be installing it unless I can rewind. The spare speedo is not connected to any bike, so it's not a big deal. I am not sure exactly how the rewinding can be done and I don't want to cause any damage.

I don't think I've had that kind of wobble you described. Maybe try some air in the forks? I think I put about 14 psi in mine. The manual recommends 7-10 I think, but the limit is 30 or 35. It's 35 recommended for rear, limit 70.

Stan

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.326 seconds