Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Fuel tank blues 7 years 8 months ago #13965

• Mark
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 27
I have just looked at the pics of your tank on the first post it doesn't look right to me, might be the pics but it seems sort of stubby at the front, all A models are interchangeable whether UK or US there are 3 types only large UK smaller US then a sort of US pear shaped one all will interchange. It also looks like work has been undertaken underneath, compare it with a friends
17 years a Z13 owner at present 3 x A1's and an A4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Fuel tank blues 7 years 8 months ago #13970

• Mightyzod
  • Mightyzod's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I don't believe that the tank has been modified, and we can't find any signs of distortion in it or the frame. I would love to compare it to a friend's tank, but this is the only KZ1300 I have seen in the state of Kansas or Oklahoma (where it came from) in the last ten years.

Thanks.

MZ

Fuel tank blues 7 years 8 months ago #13972

• Mark
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 27

Mightyzod wrote: I don't believe that the tank has been modified, and we can't find any signs of distortion in it or the frame. I would love to compare it to a friend's tank, but this is the only KZ1300 I have seen in the state of Kansas or Oklahoma (where it came from) in the last ten years.

Thanks.
These are both American KZ1300 tanks look at the distance from the top of the filler cap along with the profile to the top of your tank

Attachment not found

MZ

17 years a Z13 owner at present 3 x A1's and an A4

Fuel tank blues 7 years 8 months ago #13974

• Mightyzod
  • Mightyzod's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
The green tank looks longer than my tank, but it is very hard to tell. I placed a tape measure in the mouth of the gas tank and measured to the center of the hole where the tank is mounted in the rear. I also measured across the tank, across the center of the hole, to the inside edge of the emblems, which measured 14 & 5/8 inches.

If someone happens to have the dimensions for a tank, please send them to me. I have already spent a bit more than half of the original cost of the bike on parts for it. If I have to pony up for a tank, I will do it, but I do want to know what tank I have right now.

A little frustrated, but not throwing wrenches...yet.

MightyZod

Fuel tank blues 7 years 8 months ago #13975

• charlie9670
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 13
Maybe you could paint the underneath of the tank in something which is easy to clean off which will rub off on the offending area when you try to fit it, smooth peanut butter , or perhaps something else :cheer:
:) Z13 UK

Fuel tank blues 7 years 8 months ago #13976

• globemaster
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 55
Please try this: Set the tank on the frame so the "U" shaped channels are behind the rubber caps. The bolt mounting hole on the rear of the tank will be behind its corresponding hole in the frame. Then move the tank forward so the rubber caps slide into the open ends of the "U" shaped channels.

The probability is that the tank is simply too far forward and is resting on top of the frame, with the "U" shaped channels above the rubber caps. The tank will not fit in place if set straight down.

Time to create page: 0.808 seconds