Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Alternator rotor 4 years 8 months ago #24821

• StanG
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 248
If you are saying A4 then Partzilla shows only one and doesn't show any compatibility with other models. The part number is 21007 - 1048.

It is a shame Partzilla doesn't show compatibility for European models, like ZG or Z. It's an American company, maybe that's why.

I am putting an engine together from whatever available parts, so nothing is set in stone. The case is 1980, and comes with those small ignition pick up coils mounted to the upper case. A4, like your bike, has them on the right side of the crankshaft. So, I can make this engine to whatever I want, depending on availability. I am considering adding a second charger on the left, and pick up coils on the right like in the A4 model (if I find pick up coils and CDI, regulator would also need to be changed). I will be posting about it in the future to report and ask for advise. If I discover something regarding your needed rotor I will let you know.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Alternator rotor 4 years 8 months ago #24824

• StanG
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
1982 A4 for reference.

Attachments:

Alternator rotor 4 years 8 months ago #24826

• ogri211
  • ogri211's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 8
Looks like you cant see the number on the rotor when its fitted.
Z1300 A4,Z900 RS,Suzuki GT750A, Buell S1 Lightning, Royal Enfield Diesel. And Z900A4 on the rebuild.

Alternator rotor 4 years 8 months ago #24828

• StanG
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
Well, yes. It's on a running bike now. I will be removing the cover soon when checking the valves, maybe I can see those codes. But no promise. I'd just buy one from Ebay.

Alternator rotor 4 years 7 months ago #25006

• ogri211
  • ogri211's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 8
Looking at the flywheel from a DFI ( GP9327) it appears to be the same apart from it looks as if the timing is slightly different, I was thinking if I got one of these as they seem easier to come by I could get a new keyway cut using my original flywheel as a guide.
Z1300 A4,Z900 RS,Suzuki GT750A, Buell S1 Lightning, Royal Enfield Diesel. And Z900A4 on the rebuild.

Alternator rotor 4 years 7 months ago #25008

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029

ogri211 wrote: Looking at the flywheel from a DFI ( GP9327) it appears to be the same apart from it looks as if the timing is slightly different, I was thinking if I got one of these as they seem easier to come by I could get a new keyway cut using my original flywheel as a guide.

Why wouldn't you just remark the timing mark and leave the keyway alone?

Time to create page: 0.180 seconds