Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

How to determine if my engine/gearbox needs attention 5 years 6 months ago #21490

• McBoney
  • McBoney's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 96
Thanks Kawboy.

Not sure how I read over that! Also not sure how to measure that accurately with the crankcase in one piece, but will give that a think. Cant see the web, but will have a look for that and see if the chain is anywhere near that.

Also good to know the connecting rods and bearings seem fine.

Cheers
Paul
Six-Pot-Cafe in the making...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

How to determine if my engine/gearbox needs attention 5 years 6 months ago #21495

• McBoney
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Hmm, secondary is well within tolerance, but primary seems on the limit, but difficult to measure properly as it is well inside the engine and I have thick fingers.

I think I may have to go for replacing both... as the engine is apart. Then at least I know it is all new and OK.

I guess the hunt is on for a new set of chains! I saw a thread on this site somewhere...

Gonna be pricey no doubt and then I'll have to find someone willing to put them in as splitting the crankcase is beyond my spannering ability... :(

Paul

How to determine if my engine/gearbox needs attention 5 years 6 months ago #21496

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029

McBoney wrote: Hmm, secondary is well within tolerance, but primary seems on the limit, but difficult to measure properly as it is well inside the engine and I have thick fingers.

I think I may have to go for replacing both... as the engine is apart. Then at least I know it is all new and OK.

I guess the hunt is on for a new set of chains! I saw a thread on this site somewhere...

Gonna be pricey no doubt and then I'll have to find someone willing to put them in as splitting the crankcase is beyond my spannering ability... :(

Paul

You probably saw it here on my thread. All the info required to have Ramsey Chains in the U.S.A. make you new ones. I haven't installed mine as of yet. Still pulling my teeth out trying to get the camshafts ground up.

Kawboy's conversion regarding Ramsey primary/secondary chains
The following user(s) said Thank You: McBoney

How to determine if my engine/gearbox needs attention 5 years 6 months ago #21497

• McBoney
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Awesome! Many thanks Kawboy! :cheer:

Paul

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds