TOPIC:

Last Run Of 2020 ? 3 years 6 months ago #28027

• strate6
  • strate6's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • On An Adventure Before Dementia ! !
  • Thank you received: 356
Due to very cold, wet and miserable weather for about 3 weeks, we have not had any dry weekends for a while, but managed to get out for 50 miles yesterday for a run.
Unless we have a big change in the weather very soon this will probably be my last run of 2020.
To be honest...................wont be sad to see the end of 2020 !!

Northumberland / Scottish Boders 18th Oct 2020.
Pete F
UK
Why Have Four When You Can Have Six ?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by strate6.

Last Run Of 2020 ? 3 years 5 months ago #28028

• mizztheman
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 81
I think you’re right Pete. Did manage to get out a couple of weeks ago but weather has been rubbish of late. Don’t think I’ll get out now until the end of March or early April, COVID or no COVID

Last Run Of 2020 ? 3 years 5 months ago #28030

• biltonjim
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 242
The bike looks good, Pete. Have you changed the exhaust? I thought you had the standard system on it last time you showed us the bike. Unless I’m thinking of the KZ you had before getting this Z. Does it sound good?
Is that road the A68? Isn’t there a spectacular viewing point at the summit of a twisty climb, as you enter Northumberland from Scotland?
Regarding handle bars, do you prefer the European ones or the wider/higher KZ type?

Last edit: by biltonjim.

Last Run Of 2020 ? 3 years 5 months ago #28031

• strate6
  • strate6's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • On An Adventure Before Dementia ! !
  • Thank you received: 356
Jim,
You are correct, it did have the Jama standard type silencers on when I first got it, but changed them for the 18 inch short ones which just sound unbelieveable above 4000rpm but very deep and in-offensive below that.
The photo is on the A68 and only about 30 miles from the "twisties" at Carter Bar on the Scottish border.................we spend most of our biking time on the A68 between Hexham and Edinburgh as its only 4 miles from where we live and one of the best biking roads in the UK !
I did like the KZ Bars as they are quite high and swept back and I have to get in an upright riding position due to past neck and back injuries, but so far the Euro ones are ok once I got them at the right setting.

Pete F
UK
Why Have Four When You Can Have Six ?

Last Run Of 2020 ? 3 years 5 months ago #28032

• Tonto
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 133
The 13 looks great Pete - those pipes look good on her, and I bet the aural pleasure is lovely.
Fully agree with you re the weather, it has been sh1te for months here in darlest Lincolnshire: I risked a bimble last Wednesday, checked weather app on the phone, which tells me its gonna be dry and mainly sunny for three hours :- 45 minutes later returned home like a drowned rat, and my bike covered in road grimed: :angry:

Cheers Tim
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without the loss of enthusiasm " Winston Churchill.

Last Run Of 2020 ? 3 years 5 months ago #28033

• McBoney
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 96
Bike looks great and I like the small exhausts!

I have been out round North London for short hops, but haven't dared go any further out.

To keep busy in my Covid shack during the rainy season I am repairing a friend's 1977 z650 for sale at the moment. Nice bike too, but temperamental due to having stood for more than eight years. Soon will appear on Ebay.

No sign of my kz1300 yet ;-( I think by the time I get it back it might be snowing!

Paul

Also
Six-Pot-Cafe in the making...

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds