Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Covid Fever 4 years 1 month ago #26226

• KZQ
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lifelong Rider Suffering Through MBD
  • Thank you received: 274
I flew down to Los Angeles, at the end of last month, for an hour and a half inspection and within 36 hours of returning I had a cold. It put me down for 72 hours with lingering effects for two weeks. I've since recovered. I'm really hoping it was the Wuhan Virus. It'd be good to know it's behind me.
Bill
1947 Indian Chief, 1968 BSA Shooting Star, 1970 BSA 650 Lightning, 1974 Kawasaki W3, 1976 KZ900 A4, 1979 KZ750 B4, 1979 KZ750 B4 Trike, 1980 KZ550, 1981 KZ1300, 1982 KZ1100 Spectre, 1985 Kawasaki ZN1300, 1987 Yamaha Trail Way, 2000 Honda Valkyrie Tourer, 1981 GL 1100, 2009 Yamaha RoadLiner S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Covid Fever 4 years 1 month ago #26227

• Kawboy
  • Kawboy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029
So the wife sends me to the grocery store for a few items. First on the list, lettuce. Usually we buy Andy Boy Romaine lettuce hearts and they come packaged in 3 hearts in a bag. Non available so I check out the regular romaine lettuce heads. Hmmm this one ( I pick up to look at and check for crispness) no, that one, no, maybe this one? No. So now I've put my hands on 3 heads of lettuce and then I realize what I just did and wonder how many others did the same. So now I'm rethinking how I buy grocery items, especially produce. I don't know how bad things are going to get but now I find myself rethinking how I do anything in public.
Usually when I get to the grocery store, there is a sanitary-wipe station at the shopping cart area so you can wipe down the handle of the cart. lately the dispenser is empty so now I carry my own sanitary-wipes in the car and bring a sanitary- wipe sheet with me to wipe down the cart. When I get back to the car out comes another sanitary wipe and I go over the steering wheel and anything else I may have touched., Overkill, maybe, or maybe not. Just trying to survive.
This morning on the Toronto news, they had a doctor on for interview who is involved in higher level discussions with the health organization. He stated that this virus will survive on hard surfaces anywhere from 4 hours to 24 hours depending on surface temperature. That was my biggest fear. Airborne and person to person transmission is bad enough but add in surface transmission and this is going to be serious trouble.
God help us.
Be Safe

Covid Fever 4 years 1 month ago #26228

• biltonjim
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 242
I’d love to be party to the joke here. I could do with a good belly laugh. But I’ve not seen ‘Demolition Man’ so I’m afraid it’s gone over my head.

Covid Fever 4 years 1 month ago #26229

• tackelhappy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 164
I'm with you Kawboy on the fresh produce / handled by anyone and everyone. There has been no talk/ advice on the fresh food side of the food isle that I have seen. Ok, with a banana I can peel it, same with cucumber and an apple- but lettuce. And there is no effective way to wash it. So for now, if it ain't in a package, I'm not buying it.
Where we live, pretty much the same as everywhere else- border closed as are schools, businesses like fast food places only drive through. One good thing so far is no panic buying, supermarkets got lots of everything, but busy.

And being an individual sport, the bike is a great way to get out and enjoy the springtime.
" If you can't say what you think, very soon you won't be able to think !
OKANAGAN FALLS. BC ,Canada

Last edit: by tackelhappy.

Covid Fever 4 years 1 month ago #26230

• Kawboy
  • Kawboy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029

biltonjim wrote: I’d love to be party to the joke here. I could do with a good belly laugh. But I’ve not seen ‘Demolition Man’ so I’m afraid it’s gone over my head.

It's a movie with Wesley Snipes, Sandra Bullock and Sylvester Stallone.
Phoenix (Wesley Snipes) was a crime lord that got sent to Cryogenic Penitentiary where he is subliminally rehabilitated. After 50 odd years he's brought out of cryogenic for a parole hearing and escapes. The new world has no crime and as such, the police force have no way of capturing Phoenix.
The top cop at the time, John Spartan (Sylvester Stallone) who incarcerated Phoenix was also put in Cryogenics Penitentiary because of risky behavior and a decision is made to bring him out of Cryogenics to capture Phoenix. Both of these guys have been in cryogenics for 50 years and they now encounter a "new world" where everything is different.

Netflix and Amazon both have it available. Lots of good laughs and great movie for the kids even more so now since this "new world" we are about to enter will definitely change from they way we lived in the past (I SUSPECT).

Last edit: by Kawboy.

Covid Fever 4 years 1 month ago #26231

• scotch
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 832
My #1 worked 16 years at a major grocery store as cashier, in customer service and as a cashier trainer - a full time position. In all those years she was rarely sick. A couple of seasonal head-colds the only malady she'd experience - not necessarily determined to be from dealing with the public. The BIGGEST issue she had was with people who were visibly ill with "something", those dragging (literally) their coughing, sneezing, runny-nosed children who would be un-checked - touching everything!
The other thing that made her insane was during the hot summer months when people at the nearby beaches would come in to shop. Specifically the "guys" in their swim shorts.
"That will be $$$$$ please" only to see him pull his cash from his shorts. And NOT from a pocket ! The shorts would be dry, but the bills weren't.
And yes: Those that had to, by some compulsion find it necessary to pick-up multiple pieces of produce before selecting the "perfect" one ! A 100% guarantee that within seconds if not minutes, they'd be wiping their face, blowing their nose into a disgusting Kleenex only to return it to their pocket awaiting the next discharge, licking their fingers as they fanned through the flyer, and so on and so on !
And we wonder: 'Why"?
And as of yesterday at our small local grocery store - amid all the info - people still hugging their greeting !
SHIT for BRAINS !
1980 KZ 1300 sr# KZT30A-009997
Always High - Know Fear !

Time to create page: 0.108 seconds