Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Moto GP- What's Happening 6 years 4 months ago #17899

• usakz1300
  • usakz1300's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 68
Testing all day today, and tomorrow. The thing to remember is, there are up to 5 different front tire profiles/compounds, and up to 8 rears to choose from, all Michelin, all have severe issues, but, in different situations. Between Marquez and Lorenzo, two completely different profiles, AND compounds in play. Same with our guys.

The narrow Honda is quite different than the wide Ducati, Yamaha and Suzuki chassis are, all have advantages, and faults to rummage through. That is why these test days are so important, as the FIM doesn't give us many to work with. Then, at the specific races, IF it RAINS, completely different ball game.

Myself, FIM just resigned Michelin through the 2020 race season. What JOY, more tires that are completely useless. But, there is hope, quite a few of the Michelin race techs have resigned, gaking other jobs in the race tire industry. Bridgestone was full-on bad, Michelin is down-right dangerous.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moto GP- What's Happening 6 years 4 months ago #17955

• usakz1300
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Thank heaven the season is done, over, finished, outta there.

Michelin needs to go away, Dunlop needs to be the new control tire. Not gonna happen in my life time, DRAT.

Vinales is, well, "Maverick", Zarco needs a 3rd factory bike ride, not a satellite ride, and Vale' needs to stop breaking himself into little pieces.

Moto GP- What's Happening 6 years 2 months ago #18606

• usakz1300
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
New dilemma, whom to replace Jonas Folger on the satellite team?

DORNA, the series administrators came out with Jonny Hernandez this afternoon, and there are others that are being spoken with, like Johnathan Rea, more.

It could get to be more fun, real soon.

Moto GP- What's Happening 6 years 2 months ago #18607

• Tonto
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 133
I guess testing is starting in earnest,is it Sepang, Buriram & Losail ?? I cant wait for the season to start, roll on Qatar.
I read an article by Herve Poncheral a few days ago, and was suprised to see Folger was out for the year.
Would love to see Jonny Rea have a go for Tech 3, but I guess he's committed to Kawasaki and a fourth straight WSB title.
Look forward to your insider updates thru the year.
Cheers Tim
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without the loss of enthusiasm " Winston Churchill.

Last edit: by KZQ.

Moto GP- What's Happening 6 years 2 months ago #18610

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1027

Tonto wrote: Look forward to your insider updates thru the year.
Cheers Tim

Yes.........me too !!

Last edit: by KZQ.

Moto GP- What's Happening 6 years 2 months ago #18614

• kiwirider
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 17
My friend Nigel has just built a new house for Johnny Rea and they cycle together on Philip island . I was talking to him last week he was excited to watch two super bike races as Johnny's quest and stay with him to watch isle of man lucky bugger so im sure for now Johnny is staying with Kawasaki this year ill see what i can find out. He did tell me johnny was approached by Suzuki last year.
2018 Harley cvo ultra 1982 cbx1000 1980 gsx1100 2012 gtr1400 cx500 turbo 1977 suzuki gt750

Time to create page: 1.008 seconds