Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

vacuum testing kit... eh? 3 years 10 months ago #27282

• scotch
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 832
I see the locking nut is not on. When doing any of these static adjustments the nuts should be snugged to achieve a more accurate pre-determine end result. This however shouldn't be affecting the Fast idle adjustment. The fast idle screw is turned in too far. Turn it out to get the cam and roller gap correct. Forget the idle adjustment gap, for now. With the choke OFF, the roller should look like it's touching the cam but should spin freely. RE the Paper trick. Turn the adjusters in 'til they stop and back off 1 turn. Using your same weight of paper Double-up by folding with a hard crease, a 1/4" wide strip and try adjusting again. This is merely a static adjustment. The intention is to get the throttles roughly set in order to allow the engine to start and run ( to some degree) for the actual gauges adjustment. If you continue to find an issue with that one carb then you may have an issue with how that carb is aligned on the mounting bracket or something is not correct with that particular linkage rod.
We'll get it figured out ! :)

1980 KZ 1300 sr# KZT30A-009997
Always High - Know Fear !
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: McBoney

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by scotch.

vacuum testing kit... eh? 3 years 9 months ago #27283

• strate6
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • On An Adventure Before Dementia ! !
  • Thank you received: 356
Paul,

How did you get on ? ;)

Pete F
Why Have Four When You Can Have Six ?

vacuum testing kit... eh? 3 years 9 months ago #27288

• McBoney
  • McBoney's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 96
Hi Pete,

We have already spoken yesterday, but please let me thank you again for your help on the phone. She is running great now even though I have only set the mixture by the colour of the plugs as my Colortune is only coming next week. But I have equal vacuum across all carbs and idle is smooth. It still hick-ups a little when opening the throttle, but that may be because its not warmed up properly... and of course the mixture needs setting.

I am planning to take a bit of a longer test ride today, see how she goes, but essentially I think I am done apart from the new seat and the planned 6-into-six exhaust pipes. I'll start chasing those when Covid situation lifts and those companies have opened up again.

In the meantime leaves me to thank ALL of you on the forum who have helped me get this far over the past one and a half years. I could not have done it without you.

Thank you.

Paul
Six-Pot-Cafe in the making...
Attachments:

Last edit: by McBoney.

vacuum testing kit... eh? 3 years 9 months ago #27289

• strate6
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • On An Adventure Before Dementia ! !
  • Thank you received: 356
Hope all goes well Paul,

Enjoy the ride !

Pete F
UK
Why Have Four When You Can Have Six ?

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds