Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Kawboy's restoration/conversion of a 1980 KZ13 8 years 4 months ago #10271

• Kawboy
  • Kawboy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1028
Anyoldiron Caddypat and Globemaster, you'd make good drinking buddies at a wake. Thanks for the sympathy and sorry to hear that I'm not the only one who suffers from automotive machine shop heartbreak.

Anyoldiron, I've done triple crank rebuilding before and it's not that hard provided you've got the right tooling and know how to use a precision square, hydraulic press, soft faced dead blow hammer and a set of feeler gauges but you're right, I wouldn't just hand it over to anyone. I was taught how to do it and my instructor never left my side for the first three cranks.

Anyway, if I can't make these cams righteous, I'll by a block of Oak and turn them into a trophy for "The Worst Ground Camshafts 2015" and present it to the machine shop.

The Saga continues.................

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Kawboy's restoration/conversion of a 1980 KZ13 8 years 4 months ago #10275

• scotch
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 831
Hey KB ! If you decide to memorialize your "f*&'d" cams on a wood plaque, let me know. I'll send you 4 (didn't pass the quality control test) floats so you can use them as 'feet" and have it as a center-piece ! I think the brass would compliment the wood and really make the display "pop"! Somehow I think you're going to get them to work, however. It's what we do, isn't it?

cheers, scotch
1980 KZ 1300 sr# KZT30A-009997
Always High - Know Fear !

Kawboy's restoration/conversion of a 1980 KZ13 8 years 4 months ago #10279

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member

scotch wrote: Hey KB ! If you decide to memorialize your "f*&'d" cams on a wood plaque, let me know. I'll send you 4 (didn't pass the quality control test) floats so you can use them as 'feet" and have it as a center-piece ! I think the brass would compliment the wood and really make the display "pop"! Somehow I think you're going to get them to work, however. It's what we do, isn't it?

cheers, scotch

I wouldn't use them for feet. Probably dangle them about half way up the camshafts 2 on each shaft !!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: scotch

Kawboy's restoration/conversion of a 1980 KZ13 8 years 4 months ago #10286

• trikebldr
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 38
I have never, and will never, use local shops for cam or crank grinding. I use Crane Cams for all of my V-8 cam work and Norris for my MC cams. KB, those cams can be welded up and brought back to original specs by Crane. You can even describe your intended use of the car and they will even suggest a new profile for you.

Kawboy's restoration/conversion of a 1980 KZ13 8 years 2 weeks ago #11707

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
Oh Boy !! What's Kawboy going to do with 2 Honda CRF450 camshaft sprockets.

Attachments:

Kawboy's restoration/conversion of a 1980 KZ13 8 years 2 weeks ago #11712

• trikebldr
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 38

Kawboy wrote: Oh Boy !! What's Kawboy going to do with 2 Honda CRF450 camshaft sprockets.

He will open up a whole new world of experimentation with the sixes! Who knows, maybe we will be seeing 150hp someday from finer tuning.

You're just dangerous, Kawboy! Cool!

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds