Welcome to the Kunena forum!
Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
Pics of old and new
- Bombermoe
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
- Posts: 2
- Thanks: 1
Pics of old and new
3 days 4 hours ago
I bought a brand new 1982 KZ1300 in 1986 and, over the years, modified it to be a fun street sport bike. RAASK Raearsets, DG pipe with Supertrap can, Marzochi shocks, modified shaft drive housing to fit wider tire, fork brace, upgraded fork springs, Renthaal Heavy Gold bar, bar end mirrors. I loved the bike but sold it for other projects. I just picked up a 1982 with the factory Vetter Touring package. It will all come off and I will try to recreate my original bike. I'll undoubtedly be picking your brains for advise!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kawboy
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- tackelhappy
-
- Offline
- Platinum Member
-
- Posts: 419
- Thanks: 169
Re: Pics of old and new
1 day 12 minutes ago
That sounds like a good idea. Most of the after market parts you mentioned are still out there .
" If you can't say what you think, very soon you won't be able to think !
OKANAGAN FALLS. BC ,Canada
OKANAGAN FALLS. BC ,Canada
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Bombermoe
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
- Posts: 2
- Thanks: 1
Re: Pics of old and new
4 hours 54 minutes ago
Thanks!
I'm already having difficulties though. Progressive Suspension no longer lists Fork Springs or Rear Shocks for the 1300 and I can't find a source for Rearset Pegs. K&N has even stopped making Air Filters for them!
my biggest challenge is the suspension and pegs. Hoping that the folks on this forum can supply ideas. Thoughts?
I stripped the new bike down. Looking much better already!
I'm already having difficulties though. Progressive Suspension no longer lists Fork Springs or Rear Shocks for the 1300 and I can't find a source for Rearset Pegs. K&N has even stopped making Air Filters for them!
my biggest challenge is the suspension and pegs. Hoping that the folks on this forum can supply ideas. Thoughts?
I stripped the new bike down. Looking much better already!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds
