Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

On The Road Again...... 4 years 1 month ago #26183

• englishcw
  • englishcw's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 25
Photos... I will ask my Daughter for assistance. I started riding at 16 , 1963 , , English Motorcycles of course , then U.S.A. Motorcycles in about '76ish . Fast Forward to very early '80's , I had the good fortune to have a good job , plenty of Vacation time , and a good Friend who was a Trucker , on the Spanish run , so did many many trips with him . Described the Roads to my Brother , and in '86 we decided to have a trip there . My Brother , 15 Years my Juniorr rode a Yamaha xs1100 , His Friend wanted in , he had a Suzuki GS1000. I decided I needed something to even the score , and My Brother came up trumps , with someone selling a Z1300 , Cheap . It was cheap because it was in boxes . So Vacation booked , Ferry to France booked , 14 Days to go , and a Z1300 in boxes . No Ebay , No internet , a few parts were missing , but with a Kawasaki Manual it went back together . Finished on the Friday , M.O.T on the Saturday , and Saturday Night , ferry to France , and the start of a 2000+ Mile Journey Through France , and the Mountains of Spain . My first Impression.... I went for a trial shakedown run , returned home , Telephoned my Brother , and said '' I think I haveToo Much Bike '' . Off course , Too Much is Never Enough after awhile . Rode to the 24 Hueres Du Mans for many Years , also the Bol Dor , when it was down at Circuit Paul Ricard . Long Life , Short Story .
The following user(s) said Thank You: KZQ, biltonjim, Kawboy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by englishcw.

On The Road Again...... 4 years 1 month ago #26185

• biltonjim
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 242
What a great story! Thanks so much for telling it.
I had the same bike as your brother - a 1978 XS1100. Fabulous machine. I regret that I sold it a few years ago. But the thought that one day I’ll have my KZ1300 up and running is some consolation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.054 seconds