Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

My profile 4 years 4 months ago #25413

• Greg Davis
  • Greg Davis's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 13
Hi all, I'm 63 yr's old and on my second 1300. My first was purchased new in summer of "80" A touring1300 in ruby red .My wife at the time and I rode all over Arizona
(my home) California, Nevada, Colorado and Utah.Some eight months after I purchased the bike we received word that her mother had passed so off to Ohio we went.
On returning we found that the bike had been stolen from the garage .Insurance paid me for the bike but left me soured over it's loss. A few months later I purchased the first of four harley's that were my ride for the next fifteen yr's. Business took me away from riding for another ten yr's. My current wife found me thumbing thru adds looking for another bike, Having seen pictures of my previous 1300 she said: why don't you find another one. This started me on a "bug" hunt that lasted three weeks.
Going to craigs list only found basket cases, My postman had stuck his head in knowing I had been searching for another1300 and said: there's one on craigslist in washington, I looked and sure enough the posting was there only an hour old. I called and got the details that the 1300 had been her son's bike going from home to the base some eighteen miles away and back home. I asked her how it was that he no longer rode it only to find he was deployed to Iraq and lost his life condolences were offered and talk resumed on the kawasaki The bike had been in storage at her house for all of this time. I asked her price and almost fell out of my chair, would seventeen hundred be okay, i responded with, I'm in Arizona I'll be there in two days with a trailer and cash.
The bike is now in my possession and sports 16000 original miles. being in Washington found this machine very well preserved only needing cosmetics to get it back in running condition. So that's where it stands as of now . More on this later, regards Greg
The following user(s) said Thank You: Phil, Kawboy, mizztheman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

My profile 4 years 4 months ago #25414

• StanG
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 248
Great! I'm jealous as I never get a chance to make such purchase. I spent almost 700 just to sandblast and powder coat the frame! Good for you!
Would be great to see some photos.

Last edit: by StanG.

My profile 4 years 4 months ago #25417

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029
Welcome to the site !! Lots of great help here when you need it. Just ask..
Sounds like you got yourself quite a find. Congrats !! Thanks for sharing the story and looking forward to hearing more about the bike and also looking forward to seeing some pics when you get a chance. The boys love eye candy !!
Cheers,
KB

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds