Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Hello from Wales 5 years 1 month ago #23537

• Russ
  • Russ's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi everyone,
Been here for a while looking around and getting some much needed info. I finally took the plunge earlier this year and bought Tim's (Tonto on here) green '79 bike.
It took a while for everything to go through as a bit of paperwork needed sorting out with the DVLA, all turned out OK though and the bike was delivered in January.
I had a red 1300 about 35 years ago but swapped it for something more sporty, can't remember what though, might have been a ZZR1100?
Anyway, fast forward and after lots and lots of other bikes over the years I started looking round for another six.
Always liked sixes and just finished a 3 year restoration on a '79 CBX1000, which turned out to be a bit of a monster job. Have a ZZR1400 for distance riding and a V4 Tuono for hooning round on, the 1300 will also be a rider as soon as the weather picks up a bit.
Interests have always been bikes related and over the years picked up a few original R1's and a Kenny Roberts 5VY, an SP2, 954 Honda which are all complete but off the road.
Background is engineering and I'm lucky to have access to full facilities if I need anything doing, first job on the 13 was to sort the choke mod out and will post some pictures on that thread later. Just to add what a great fix that is, so simple and what a difference it makes. All that cranking and easy start over the years gone for the sake of a couple of hours work..... great job working the solution out (by Scotch I think?).
So that's me introduced, looking forward to riding the bike and reading through any new Forum posts.
Russ

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hello from Wales 5 years 1 month ago #23538

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029
Welcome to the group. Looks like you're a serious two wheeler.
Tonto has been around here for a few years and is a welcomed member. I'm sure you got a great bike to reenter back into the world of sixes. Looking forward to conversing "all things sixes" with you And I have a soft spot for the CBX as well !!. Had a 79 and an 80 both in Candy Glory Red. I'm spoofing my KZ to look like a CBX with a water cooled engine.
Cheers
KB

Last edit: by Kawboy.

Hello from Wales 5 years 1 month ago #23545

• Tonto
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 133
Hi Russ, hope she behaves for you and you really enjoy owning / riding her.
I can already feel another Z13 coming my way (was offered one last week - :whistle: ) but really must make some progress with my projects backlog
Cheers Tim
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without the loss of enthusiasm " Winston Churchill.

Hello from Wales 5 years 1 month ago #23594

• Haggler
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 39
Welcome Russ, hopefully might bump into you sometime as like going to Wales for rideouts B)

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds