Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC:

New Guy in the Mountains 5 years 3 months ago #22817

• biltonjim
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 242
Welcome Jared. That’s a nice detailed introduction, and a fine looking KZ1300.
I would be inclined- above all else - to address the cam chain tensioner potential issue before trying to start the engine. Also, put some oil into the cylinders and let it stand for a while.
Would be good to see pictures of your other bikes - the CBX especially, please.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New Guy in the Mountains 5 years 3 months ago #22818

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029
Welcome from the administrative team. Nice to see your intro INCLUDING pics. Well done. Pics of the rest of your rides would be welcome as well. The boys love eye candy. Being 6 cylinder enthusiasts, Pics of the "X" are a must. I've had 2 of them myself in Candy Glory Red. As a matter of fact, My plans for my build are to spoof the KZ1300 I have to look like a CBX with a watercooled engine.

Anyway I digress. We're here to help when you need. If you start on a restoration, please feel free to share you work with us. Just start a new topic.
Enjoy
KB

New Guy in the Mountains 5 years 3 months ago #22819

• zed_thirteen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137
Welcome. Bike looks amazing and totally stock (nice mirrors!) Looking at the appearance I would say it has probably had an easy life or been very well maintained.Enjoy your 13 :)
1980 KZ1300 B2 Touring/A2
1990 ZZ-R1100 C1

New Guy in the Mountains 5 years 3 months ago #22820

• propav8r
  • propav8r's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 33
Thanks y'all. My biggest worry is that it was stored because of some mechanical failure, but then again, I don't feel like someone would store a broken bike this carefully.

The guy I bought it from tried to wrench the fuel cap open and broke something. Hopefully I can pull the access panel for the fuel sender off and depress the tabs on the cap. Right now, the key is stuck in the gas cap lock cylinder and it's just free spinning.

New Guy in the Mountains 5 years 3 months ago #22821

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029
OK Jared (Prop Aviator) That's one honking big "prop" in the Avatar you've chosen and the coloring looks like a P-51 4 blade prop. So help us out here. What's that?

Last edit: by Kawboy.

New Guy in the Mountains 5 years 3 months ago #22822

• propav8r
  • propav8r's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 33

Kawboy wrote: OK Jared (Prop Aviator) That's one honking big "prop" in the Avatar you've chosen and the coloring looks like a P-51 4 blade prop. So help us out here. What's that?

Hey, good eye. It's the TF-51 "Obsession" owned by Jeff Michael. First 51 I ever flew in, so it holds a special place for me. I was very lucky as a young kid to get involved volunteering at an aviation museum in Charlotte, which led to spending a bit of time touring with different acts on the airshow circuit. I feel extremely lucky to have the opportunities I was given as a kid. Real life intervened, and I wasn't able to continue with the airshow work, unfortunately. Still holds a place in my heart though.

Here's one of my favorite photos I've taken of Obsession.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Kawboy

Time to create page: 0.094 seconds