Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Hi good to be back 5 years 11 months ago #20015

• PKZ1300
  • PKZ1300's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 8
Hi All
I'm a returning member (last post Feb 2017) and am looking forward to reading the posts from my last visit to see what people have been up to. I have an A5 that I have slowly returned to original look and am based in Brisbane Australia. The last piece of the puzzle is to fix the airbox flooding back from the carbs. I foolishly did not rebuild the carbs when I had the bike stripped for fixing so this will be my winter penance. I will post some photos soon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi good to be back 5 years 11 months ago #20019

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029
Welcome back. Where did you go?

Let's hope the only issue is flooding back into the airbox and not have flooded into the engine then hydraullically locked bending conrods. That's the usual "awe Shit, I should have taken care of those carbs whe I knew they were a problem" These kinds of ah ha moments really break your heart, never mind your pocket book. Stitch in time........

Let us know how you made out.
KB

Last edit: by Kawboy.

Hi good to be back 5 years 10 months ago #20036

• PKZ1300
  • PKZ1300's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 8
I got locked out of the site when I forgot my password and couldn't get back in. So I was an unfortunate exile.
I am well aware of the hydraulic lock issue, I'll do an oil change as part of the carb rebuild to be sure given oil is somewhat cheaper than an engine rebuild........

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds