Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC:

Noob here, question about fairing 6 years 1 week ago #19424

• KZQ
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lifelong Rider Suffering Through MBD
  • Thank you received: 274
Hi Dmerc,
Welcome to KZ1300.com. You can download all the 1300 manuals you might need from the home page on this site.
Just scroll down.
Bill
1947 Indian Chief, 1968 BSA Shooting Star, 1970 BSA 650 Lightning, 1974 Kawasaki W3, 1976 KZ900 A4, 1979 KZ750 B4, 1979 KZ750 B4 Trike, 1980 KZ550, 1981 KZ1300, 1982 KZ1100 Spectre, 1985 Kawasaki ZN1300, 1987 Yamaha Trail Way, 2000 Honda Valkyrie Tourer, 1981 GL 1100, 2009 Yamaha RoadLiner S
The following user(s) said Thank You: dmerc

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Noob here, question about fairing 6 years 1 week ago #19427

• dmerc
  • dmerc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
That is what really appeals to me. Low end grunt! I'm really a singles and twins guy but when I got a chance to get a CBX for cheap I couldn't resist.

Noob here, question about fairing 6 years 1 week ago #19428

• dmerc

Kawboy wrote:

dmerc wrote: Thanks, It will be a couple days before I actually have the bike. In the mean time I found a crankshaft with rods for cheap on fleabay and also ordered a service manual. Parts for this bike are much cheaper than for my CBX!! Hopefully I'll get it running this summer. If I get it running and like it I'll sell the CBX. I'll post some pics if I can figure out how.

If you sell the CBX, you'll be sorry. I am. Would much rather have both in the stable. Can't you tell? My Avatar is a CBX and when I finish spoofing my KZ it will look like a watercooled CBX with the grunt of a locomotive. The KZ are much nicer to drive on a daily basis but the sound of the CBX with a Kerker on it - Priceless !!

Posting pics- The pic files need to be smaller than 2 MB each. There is an attachment button at the bottom of the post you're writing. Attach the file first, then if you have a series of pic, you can place the cursor where you want the pic in the post and select the insert button under that pic. Once you submit the post, the pics will show up

in the post.

Pics test
Attachments:

Last edit: by dmerc.

Noob here, question about fairing 6 years 1 week ago #19429

• biltonjim
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 242
The bike looks superb. Do you know if the bike was run without enough engine oil? I wondered how it came to have the knocking big end bearing.

Noob here, question about fairing 6 years 1 week ago #19432

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029
That's a georgous looking bike. i'm shocked that there's a lower end knock. Anything's possible I guess. Such a shame. If I didn't know better, I would have expected it to be in fine running order. Usually anyone who looks after the appearance, is anal about the maintenance. Before you go tearing it all apart, I would do a oil pressure test first, just in case it's the oil pressure relief valve is stuck open. Who knows, you just might get lucky. The "other" thing that seems to crop up quite often when we do tear the bikes down is all kinds of crud built up on the oil pick up tube screen. There are some really nasty pics on the site of what the boys have found stuck on that screen. The oil pressure test wil tell you something, but if the oil pressure is low, the first thing to check is that screen.

Last edit: by Kawboy.

Noob here, question about fairing 6 years 1 week ago #19434

• dmerc

Kawboy wrote: That's a georgous looking bike. i'm shocked that there's a lower end knock. Anything's possible I guess. Such a shame. If I didn't know better, I would have expected it to be in fine running order. Usually anyone who looks after the appearance, is anal about the maintenance. Before you go tearing it all apart, I would do a oil pressure test first, just in case it's the oil pressure relief valve is stuck open. Who knows, you just might get lucky.

No, for sure it's bad. The bad rod was in the box of parts I got. The engine is just bolted together for sale purposes. Seems like a lot of work for nothing. So far all parts look like new. The one piston that is out looks new. I'm very hopeful. Paid 850 for it and if I can fix it for another 500 I'll be happy.

Time to create page: 0.108 seconds