Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC:

Noob here, question about fairing 6 years 1 week ago #19436

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029
Let's hope the rest of the engine is still inside and no more surprises.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Noob here, question about fairing 6 years 1 week ago #19437

• dmerc
  • dmerc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1

Kawboy wrote: Let's hope the rest of the engine is still inside and no more surprises.

LoL!! I hear ya! The box of parts I got are all sorted, labeled and tagged. So I think it will be okay. But it will be a mystery until I take it apart. Should be pretty easy though. It has just enough fasteners to hold it together so taking it apart will be a breeze. If I pull the head and cylinders, can two guys take the bottom end out without a lift. Any idea how heavy the bottom end is?

Noob here, question about fairing 6 years 1 week ago #19438

• dmerc
Well there is always the CBX if the engine is hollow!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kawboy

Noob here, question about fairing 6 years 1 week ago #19439

• Dion
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 42
Mate im not allowed to swear on this site, so will leave it at 3 or four toilet rolls might be enough paper for me to get down the colourfull array of expletives intangling my mind at the moment with regards to what you paid for the bike and its appearance in the pics
lucky basterd !
oops now ive done it
i would pay $3000.00 US for that and be smiling all day
hope you get even more luck and find the engine pops back togeather with minimal cost and pain
give me a email if you get tired and want to unload it
Dion

Noob here, question about fairing 6 years 1 week ago #19442

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029
Dmerc wrote- If I pull the head and cylinders, can two guys take the bottom end out without a lift. Any idea how heavy the bottom end is?

You could but I wouldn't advise this. It's probably 150-175 lbs and a bit of a bitch to get out through the frame. If one guy catches a finger and drops his end, usually 2 people end up getting hurt and damage will occur. You would be better off finding a tie off point up high somewhere and then using a ratchet strap around the engine. Those ratchet straps are reasonable to buy and the larger size can pull some decent weight. They're just a bit of a problem when you want to lower something in a controlled fashion but it can be done if you pay attention. When I had to pull mine, I went out and bought a cheap engine lift from Princess Auto. The older I get the more I find a use for it. Taking trees with 3 ft. root balls out of the back of the truck and the list goes on...........I think I paid $175 CDN.

Last edit: by Kawboy.

Noob here, question about fairing 6 years 1 week ago #19443

• dmerc
My manual came in today and shows a sling set up. I already have an engine hoist so I should be good to go. I'll have a couple buddies there to help also. Thanks for the tips.
Will start the disassembly process in a couple days. Need to study the manual first! I'll post some pics when I get into the gory details. Hope it's not too bad

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds