Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Hey guys! New Here 6 years 1 month ago #19118

• maniac1886
  • maniac1886's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey all, new member just signing up as Im sure I will be looking here for some information. Thanks for the manuals by the way. Just picked up a 1980 Kz1330 (b?) as I understand the B specified the touring package. Its in a bit of bad shape, but really just needs some TLC. Picked it up for $725.00. Its a bit taken apart, but it looks like its all there. It needs a new wire harness which was supplied, needs a good rub down, lots of dirt and dust. The tank and the fairing is off if, the ignition needs to be reinstalled as it was replaced. The guy bought it for 1200 from a dealer but didnt have the time of patience to service the electrical system and hes never had it running. He pulled the plugs and rolled the motor over, said it had goo compresion, and put the plugs back in. Came with a battery too!

Let see, about me. My main ride is 2007 gsxr 750. My first bike was a 1997 katana i bought in boxes, rebuilt to damn near pristine. At least it ran like a champ, the rattle can paint job didnt look the best. An illegal left turner took that bike from me and broke my girlfriends leg in 5 places. The next year I bought the GSXR. Ive been to the tail of the dragon on the katana and the gsxr. I currently have a gs550 Im repairing, basically to sell. Its mostly done. needs a seat, a battery, and a headlight it will be time to list it. I just finished restoring a Maxim 550, i bought for 150 mostly taken apart, put about 300 into it, then sold it for 870. thats where the money for the KZ came from. I plan to fix it's issues resurrect, get a piece of that inline 6, then probably sell it too. I love bringing these vintage jap bikes that have been neglected and forgot about, back into the world to run flawlessly, then giving them back to the world to be used again! haha

The two pictures of it with the fairings was how he bought it from the dealer 2 years ago. The picture with it stripped down is how it sits, next to a pile of parts and boxes in my garage.

Step 1. Get manual. Thankyou!
Step 2. Inventory parts
Step 3. Identify issues create a plan of attack
Step 4. Turn wrenches!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hey guys! New Here 6 years 1 month ago #19125

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029
Welcome to the Forum. Looks like you're an old hand in the restoration business. Looking forward to seeing where you take this next project.

Do us a favor when you start this project and open up a new thread rather than adding on to this one please. It's easier for us to track your progress.

I usually tell the newbies that there's a wealth of info under the FAQ tab. You'll find info on what's been issues and the resolution of most of the issues. Failing that, there's a wealth of knowledge on the site so don't hesitate posting your inquiries. We're here to help.
Cheers,
KB

Hey guys! New Here 6 years 1 month ago #19130

• biltonjim
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 242
Hello and welcome, maniac.
I like all those other bikes you mention, in particular the GS550. They were are a great little bike.

It's good to see another KZ1300-B on here. I hope, when it is up and running, you find you like it so much that you want to keep it.

Hey guys! New Here 6 years 1 month ago #19131

• maniac1886
  • maniac1886's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Tanks for the welcome. I will probably start a build thread. I didnt start one for the maxim or the gs but for those of you who care links to the other bike threads ive maintained. alot of the pictures are gone now cuz photobucket is greedy, but the story is still there. haha.

Katriders - 97 Kat 600
katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286

Gixxer.com - 2007 GSXR 750
www.gixxer.com/forums/80-06-07-gsx-r600-...750-work-thread.html

here's some pictures. Everyone loves pictures!

Katana Before / After
Gs550T
The maxim 50 before / After
Killboy purchased shot on the dragon with my girl
07 GSXR 750

Hey guys! New Here 6 years 1 month ago #19133

• Dion
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 42
Maniac ! HMM interesting title
welcome from NZ
where are you from
looks like you have quite a challenge
can any one tell me what model truck that rear seat came out of ?? Western Star Kenworth HA!
best of luck
Dion

Hey guys! New Here 6 years 1 month ago #19141

• Ledkz1300
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 76
Congratulation on your find and welcome to the forum. You'll find that many of us have been through what you are about to go through and will be here to help. I never would have made it without some of the people here

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds