• Page:

TOPIC:

Avon Tires 1 year 5 months ago #30886

• Ted
  • Ted's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 17
Shortly after getting my girl running, I put a set of Avon Road Rider MKII at the same time having never tried them before.  After 5,000 miles, the front shows almost no wear while I estimate the rear has 500 miles left, 1000 tops.  I suspect it is a softer compound because I have no traction issues when cornering and from the few reviews I found on the Internet.  I do not ride in stop-and-go traffic, have never locked up the rear wheel, and like to give it throttle.  I run 42 pounds of pressure and generally use both brakes to stop, but may just use only the front for non-emergent stops.

I am curious if others are getting comparable miles out of your rear tires, what brand/model are you using, and if you are wearing out your rear tire radically faster than your front as I am perplexed that my front tire shows virtually no wear.
1981 KZ1300, '98 Suzuki GSF1200S, '80 Honda CT110, '11 Honda CBR250, '75 Honda CL360, '00 Honda XR100R
Speak softly and mount a fast bike.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Avon Tires 1 year 5 months ago #30887

• dcarver220b
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 181
Interesting. I'll figure out what I'm running and mileage and report back..

Avon Tires 1 year 5 months ago #30889

• scotch
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 832
I've been running on these.  I like them ! 
Will probably be replacing the rear again with the same near to the end of the season next year.  I go through 2 rears to 1 front.  I've tried other brands but these will be my choice as long as they are available.  For what it's worth:  The small shop that does the mounting; fills with Nitrogen (1.5 years and haven't had to add to PSI) and balances with "Beads".
The current tire was installed at 88,584 is now at 100,000 so an easy 12,000K  per tire.  I ride "Quick", don't spare the throttle.  

1980 KZ 1300 sr# KZT30A-009997
Always High - Know Fear !
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: zed_thirteen

Last edit: by scotch.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds