Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Blind bearing puller 5 years 4 months ago #22514

• Frank833
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 89

StanG wrote: ... how much $ was the welding machine? And a garage? LOL I'm in a 1 bedroom on a sixth floor...

There is a storage place here in town. Not one of the new flashy ones, but the old one in the middle of town... The one with concrete walls and electricity in each unit. The one that the roof does NOT leak when it rains. A 10x20 unit is $90/month, and the guy does not care if you work out of it. He doesn't even care if you office out of it - and he is up front about it.

So that's the going price of a garage! $90/month.

2 Motorcycle guys could go in on one together!

Me personally... If I could not afford both (House and Garage/Shop), I'd get the Shop, and live in a travel trailer parked on the side of the shop...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Blind bearing puller 5 years 4 months ago #22515

• StanG
  • StanG's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 248
Haha, I know what you are saying Frank. Well, an open parking spot here cost 100 - 150/month - that including rain (free wash ;)) Similar actually with regular underground open space. Big floor and you get two white solid lines to the left and right. A garage, you are talking about, starting rate is $300/month. And mostly not around the corner - you got to travel 30 minutes to get there. Would they let you do 'bike stuff' there, gasoline and such - must be lucky!!! The complains will start from tomorrow.

The above are easily checked facts in Vancouver BC. I want even mention theft. Just like I said before - count your blessings living in the ol'e good USA and forget the propaganda that everything here is easy and free (including healthcare).

Blind bearing puller 5 years 4 months ago #22516

• strate6
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • On An Adventure Before Dementia ! !
  • Thank you received: 356
Trade Secret........

Use and expanding bolt type fixing normally used for fixing things onto a concrete floor.

Pete F
UK
Why Have Four When You Can Have Six ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: roadhazard, Frank833

Blind bearing puller 5 years 4 months ago #22517

• Frank833
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 89

strate6 wrote: Trade Secret.......
Use and expanding bolt type fixing normally used for fixing things onto a concrete floor.
UK

Now that one I like. Get the size you need at the local hardware store for $2 or less!

Blind bearing puller 5 years 4 months ago #22518

• StanG
  • StanG's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 248

strate6 wrote: Trade Secret.......
UK

Now that one I like. Get the size you need at the local hardware store for $2 or less!

HAha, actually funny as I've been one step ahead of you guys on this. Checked my boxes as I know I had one - too small. Visited a couple stores, they didn't have it. Then passed by automotive shop hoping they would have a puller - of course they didn't have it (Lordco). The guy pointed my to a place specializing in concrete. Walked and walked just to find out they do installations NOT sales! Thanks for nothing. So I went back home and ordered those pieces I posted online. It was a good walk anyway, I need exercise.

Despite this, guys, please don't stop assisting me with advise and ideas! :)

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds