• Page:

TOPIC:

Rear brake assembly part help needed 6 years 4 months ago #18344

• StanG
  • StanG's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 248
I seem to misplaced this little part and can't find it! I swear I put it away with the rest but it magically disappeared :(
I want to make it from a piece of steel. Could anyone give me the measurements if you happen to have it disassembled?
Stan

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by StanG.

Rear brake assembly part help needed 6 years 4 months ago #18346

• scotch
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 832
Unfortunately mine is back together so can't help but this arm for the rear brake light switch could be easily made. Although measurements would be helpful you should be able to "eye-ball" it.:blink: while the assembly is off the bike. There's some fabrication latitude inherent to it's configuration so you can get a good idea of it's size/bends/shape from several pictures in the manual. As an idea: I found this "stamped" wrench in one of my trays. Can't remember what it's for but believe it would work once cut to length and bent. It is the correct gauge of steel. In this particular case you'd have to place a flat washer on either side of it as the hole is too big - but you get the idea.
1980 KZ 1300 sr# KZT30A-009997
Always High - Know Fear !
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: StanG

Last edit: by scotch.

Rear brake assembly part help needed 6 years 4 months ago #18352

• StanG
  • StanG's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 248
Thank you Scotch. Yes, this 'thing' would be probably the easiest fabrication for this bike. I am thinking about making an upgrade (already improving the bike! haha), and making it from stainless steel. It will be an easy hole to drill and the rest 5 minutes using grinder, just by 'eye-balling' it, LOL Unless I will find a similar gadget you posted a photo of. I've seen many similar things in my lifetime - the kind of tools that come attached to some other gadget for installation. Maybe it's for bicycle tire air valves? Stuff like that.
I have a couple of old photos, so I will figure it out. :)

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds