Took mine out as I had to get the cover re-chromed. Warmed up the cover by gently heating it up with a blow lamp. I had already shaped a piece of wood to fit inside the slot on the inside of the cover then simply gave it a few sharp blows with a hide mallet. Came out quite easily.
Refitted using a suitably sized socket and pressed it back in. Can’t remember if I applied a small amount of three bond as an extra bit of security.
I just done it couple months ago
it coming out fairly easy, you shouldn't have problem doing that.
when I put mine back I used a bit of gasket silicon
and after it was back in place I left a clamp on it for 30 min