Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Any Progress on Cheap Generic U-Joint Boot Replacement? 4 years 5 months ago #25295

• rdurost
  • rdurost's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 26
Most of the references on the site are old.

Yes, I know there is a limited-production part available from the Netherlands for $80 shipped to the USA. It looks like a great part, and kudos for anybody making a replacement at all. It just seems like with the vast numbers of these sort of devices being used in all kinds of applications all over the world, a mass-production replacement should pop up eventually.

Kawasaki KZ1300, Z1300, ZG1300 U-joint cover 49006-1020

Inner diameter of mounting area 97 mm (3 13/16)

Outer diameter of accordion area, 125 mm (about 5")

Length 75 mm (just under 3")

Richard

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Any Progress on Cheap Generic U-Joint Boot Replacement? 4 years 5 months ago #25312

• strate6
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • On An Adventure Before Dementia ! !
  • Thank you received: 356
Many years ago I looked into this and I found a CV Boot Kit from a 4x4 Car which was ideal when cut down the correct length as a replacement boot.
It even came with 2 metal straps which fitted perfectly on each end and looked 95% stock when fitted, as you cannot see much of it anyway.............

Only problem is I cannot find any reference in my emails etc as to which model of 4x4 it was, but its worth a look at any good motor factors or parts suppliers to compare them against the original ???

Pete F
UK
Why Have Four When You Can Have Six ?

Any Progress on Cheap Generic U-Joint Boot Replacement? 4 years 5 months ago #25315

• rdurost
  • rdurost's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 26
How about a "slip joint boot?"
Putting aside the question of the inner diameter of the ends, the basic layout seems the same, I think some of the big diesel consumer trucks use these.
www.merchant-automotive.com/12471527-Pro...p-Yoke-Boot-Kit.aspx

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds