Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Chain distribution 4 years 6 months ago #25079

• Mazzara
  • Mazzara's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi boy, I write from Italy so sorry if I'm not very clear.
I know your forum is not about my bike, but I don't know how else to find a solution.
I am restoring a cbx 750 '85 and somehow I came to know that in your forum there is a solution to my problem. The distribution tendon is very noisy due to a manufacturing defect.
The engineer who had studied this distribution had switched from Honda to Kawasaki, taking this error.
does anyone know how to help me? Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Chain distribution 4 years 6 months ago #25084

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029

Mazzara wrote: Hi boy, I write from Italy so sorry if I'm not very clear.
I know your forum is not about my bike, but I don't know how else to find a solution.
I am restoring a cbx 750 '85 and somehow I came to know that in your forum there is a solution to my problem. The distribution tendon is very noisy due to a manufacturing defect.
The engineer who had studied this distribution had switched from Honda to Kawasaki, taking this error.
does anyone know how to help me? Thanks

Normally, I would suggest that you look for information to help you fix your problem on another site more familiar with the CBX750 but I can tell you are somewhat desperate if you are asking here but possibly we can help.

First- I'm struggling with the term "distribution tension" and I am wondering if you mean "camshaft chain tensioner". I think it is a problem in the translation from Italian to English and I do not speak Italian so I am having trouble trying to understand what you are describing. Maybe if you can better describe the "distribution tension" we may be able to help.

I also looked in the internet for "CBX750 noisy" and I found information about noisy "alternator drive chain" due to problems with the chain tensioner and maybe this information would help
teamrc17.net/articles/117/replacing-your...and-their-tensioners

If you need to have new link plate chains (Morse silent chains) made up, I had Ramsay Chain fabricate primary and secondary chains for me for our KZ1300's.

ramseychain.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQjww7HsBRDkA...TwMAKcMaAukUEALw_wcB

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Kawboy.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds