All of the exhaust valves were too tight and had to be changed. I went down two shim sizes on all exhaust valves except one as I could only go down one size on that particular valve with the shims I had on hand - could have used a 2.45. Also changed 5 of 6 intake shims mostly to get them more into the middle of the range, only a couple were actually too tight. I would have changed the 6th one (it was on the tight end of the range) as well but again, I didn't have the proper replacement - could have used another 2.45. (as luck would have it 2.45 is the only size I don't have in my shim collection)
None of this was really surprising as the last time I checked, all clearances measured within the range but they were all right at the tight end.
Had a bit of fun with the #4 exhaust valve when the bucket hold down tool ejected at warp speed with no shim in place.