Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Impeller circlip 5 years 1 month ago #23511

• scotch
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 832
Quality Tools...........Absolutely! Trying to Mickey Mouse/Jury-rig when a simple tool is readily available is, as has been pointed out simply asking for catastrophe when "That Part" goes A.W.O.L. and you can't find it ANYWHERE. That's when the price of the correct tool is monumentally disproportionate and the inverse to the bill for destroying an engine.
I did not understand the "Credid "Card" analogy !
Regardless: Cir-clip pliers are a must for the Impellor clip and mandatory for removing the high-speed needles from their holders !
1980 KZ 1300 sr# KZT30A-009997
Always High - Know Fear !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Impeller circlip 5 years 1 month ago #23514

• StanG
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 248
Scotch said:

I did not understand the "Credid "Card" analogy !

No analogy of any type intended there scotch. I said 'These are not that expensive, or use a credit card, like I did', simply suggesting using a credit card to get quality tools when short on cash - like I did. It's worth it. And circlip pliers are not very expensive. Personally I use Proto circlip pliers with interchangeable tips. For safety in risky environments I'd get pliers of desired size and type with fixed tips.

By the way, for carburetors I got a cheap dollar store needle nose pliers and ground them thin so they fit inside the pistons. That was a great suggestion.

Some cheap tools can be quite functional and that's all you need even in professional work. And as it was talked about before, it's cheaper to buy a next one or two it they break. But I had noticed a big difference with something as crucial as sockets. Canadian Tire and such would split and the chrome would peel off. With Snap-on I had none of these problems. People were even using chrome plated ones with impact guns without trouble, a 3/4 inch was the most popular somehow. Can Tire would eventually split after applying a pipe for more leverage on stubborn bolts. I had bloody knuckles a few times because of failing low quality tools. I was working professionally as a mechanic in the 1980's. If you are on a service call a hundred kilometers away from the shop, dependability is crucial.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by StanG.
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds