• Page:

TOPIC:

50 amp series regulator RM Stator 3 years 2 months ago #28801

• Kawboy
  • Kawboy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1028
Alright then. You all may be aware of the fact that our bikes are stator, regulator/rectifier eaters and my research has shown that upgrading from the stock Shunt regulator/rectifier to a Series regulator rectifier appears to be the answer to the problem.
Shindengen offers the SH775AA (35 amp) and the SH847 (50 amp) models in their line up. and I've just recently found this offering from RM Stator, a Canadian company out of Coaticook Quebec.
RM Stator's model RM022-006798 is a series regulator rated at 50 amp. The case of the regulator is a machined aluminum and anodized red. It also has overheat protection that shuts done the charging system if the regulator gets over temp until the temp drops on the regulator. Whether that's a good thing or a bad thing, we'll see. on top of all this, the transistors are MOSFET technology as well.If nothing else it looks very impressive. Comes complete with a pair of connectors to be installed on your wiring. I'm looking forward to finishing off this mod, when time permits.
And the price..... $174 Canadian + free shipping !!
Also , in their product line is the same regulator only shunt but the output is dropped to 14.1v +- .1v for LIFEPO4 Lithium batteries.

I might be going out on a limb here trying out a product from a different manufacturer but if it pays off, it's another viable product for our bikes. RM Stator primarily offers stators and regulators for powersport products and on the side have ignition coils as well.
RM Stator 50 amp series regulator/rectifier

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Phil, Bar

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Kawboy.

50 amp series regulator RM Stator 3 years 2 months ago #28803

• Bar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 45
definitely looks very impressive
1984 Kawasaki Voyager
2002 Honda CBR954

Last edit: by Bar.

50 amp series regulator RM Stator 3 years 2 months ago #28810

• Neville
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 75
Yes - looks very nicely finished and it will be good to hear how you get on fitting it and your in-use experience. It looks similar in dimension to the SH847 so it will probably not fit in the original location for the OEM unit. I have had very good experience with the SH775 - this is rated at 35 amps which is well in excess of the Z1300 generator capacity and although a tight squeeze, can be fitted in place of the standard unit on the A1 even with the waterproof connectors.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kawboy

50 amp series regulator RM Stator 3 years 1 month ago #28881

• dcarver220b
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 181
Interesting. Keep us posted on the mounting? I need to replace my two RR's.. space is limited so hope to find a replacement that bolts up like OEM.. as I have zero fab capabilities. Found this from RicksRick's

50 amp series regulator RM Stator 2 years 9 months ago #29373

• dcarver220b
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 181
Kawboy, any updates?

50 amp series regulator RM Stator 2 years 9 months ago #29378

• Kawboy
  • Kawboy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1028
Not yet Don. Still working on the house. Sold the Porsche 928 to make room in my new tiny double car garage (piss me off). Had to move for wife's health reasons. Anyways, just had the ceiling in the garage spray foamed and the wall cavities high density cellulose filled. Still need to install the gas fired unit heater. Getting there.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds