Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Electrical
  • Page:

TOPIC:

84 voyager dfi need help identifying what wiring diagram to use. 5 years 1 month ago #23458

• Rage10
  • Rage10's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 3
Well then let's get back on it. What would I need to add the CC?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

84 voyager dfi need help identifying what wiring diagram to use. 5 years 1 month ago #23461

• Bucko
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 164
Just guessing:

• Cruise control module including all the throttle linkage parts, and associated hoses and brackets - which may need to be welded/fastened to frame or sub-frame.
  • Wiring harness - probably a main wiring harness plus what ever sub-harness connects to the CC module
  • ECU (maybe)
  • Instrument cluster
  • Handlebar switches
  • Brake switches

• Doubt any of that stuff is avaible new anymore - you'd have to get it from a donor - honestly my guess is that it's easier to find a bike that has CC already - although I don't think there are many 87 & 88's around - I've never seen one (not that that's an indication of anything).
    Hello from Canada's We(s)t coast.

84 voyager dfi need help identifying what wiring diagram to use. 5 years 1 month ago #23463

• Rage10
    Yeah that's about what I'm figuring. Imma get a clymer manual and see if that has anything. Their wiring diagrams are pretty good. Just hoping someone already knows and can save me the work.

84 voyager dfi need help identifying what wiring diagram to use. 5 years 1 month ago #23479

• Bucko
    • Platinum Member
    • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 164
    Personally, I wouldn't bother with a Clymer manual, the original factory manuals are available for download from the internet.
    Hello from Canada's We(s)t coast.

Last edit: by Bucko.

84 voyager dfi need help identifying what wiring diagram to use. 5 years 1 month ago #23480

• Kawboy
    • Sustaining Member
    • Sustaining Member
    • Thank you received: 1028

Bucko wrote: Personally, I wouldn't bother with a Clymer manual, the original factory manuals are available for download from the internet.

All the manuals are available for downloading from the Home Page of this website !!

Last edit: by Kawboy.

84 voyager dfi need help identifying what wiring diagram to use. 4 years 11 months ago #24083

• Rage10
    I downloaded the manuals from the home page. They wiring diagrams are too blurry to be much use. Does anyone have an original they can scan to me?

• Page:
    Time to create page: 0.098 seconds