Electrical
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Wiring Diagram - Complete one 5 years 2 months ago #22653

• LeRoux
  • LeRoux's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 3
Good afternoon,

I am busy with a 1983 Z1300 Carburetor model, and i need to fix some wiring issues. I bought the bike recently and it seems like the fuse box has been replaced with a new spec one - Similar to my KTM 990 one - and i just stripped out the battery base and found a green plug with three wires loose there....
It also seems like the main switch on the side that switches off the electrical on the bike has also been bypassed.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards

LeRoux

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Wiring Diagram - Complete one 5 years 2 months ago #22665

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1027
First, Welcome to the Forum. It would be nice if you would take a few minutes and introduce yourself and maybe add a couple of pics of your bike.

As to your question. The wiring diagram for your Z1300 can be found in the Service Manual on either page 298 or 299 depending on which European model you have. The manuals show up on our Home page and the one you're looking for is here KZ1300 Service Manual

It would be easier to identify the "wiring plug" by the colors of the wires going in to the plug rather than the color of the plug

Hope this helps

KB

Wiring Diagram - Complete one 5 years 2 months ago #22671

• LeRoux
Thanks KB, I will go check where to write the intro....

Wiring Diagram - Complete one 5 years 2 months ago #22675

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1027

LeRoux wrote: Thanks KB, I will go check where to write the intro....

When you go to start a "new Topic" the system defaults to "new Members". Just start a new topic and maybe call it LeRoux - New Member Introduction. It really helps us to tell us where you're located. We find the language can be a bit of a problem and if we know where you are, we may adjust the language better for understanding. It also helps when we post info to a question and you're on the other side of the world in a time zone 12 hours off of ours.
Also, to help me out, if you start a new topic please remember to change the "New Topic" box to an appropriate section like "Engines" or "Electrical" etc.

Last but not least, Enjoy the Forum !!

KB

Wiring Diagram - Complete one 5 years 2 months ago #22870

• LeRoux
Ok, so I have taken some pictures of the wires that has been removed and changed.
The fuse box has also been changed... is this a good or bad thing as I don't want to rewire the bike if I don't have too...

I haven't had a chance to print the wiring diagram, but the wires that has been removed has got something to do with the cut out switch that also opens the seat.

I would appreciate some help here if somebody has had similar issues.

Thanks

LeRoux
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds