Electrical

TOPIC:

M-Unit Blue- Motogadget 4 years 1 month ago #25913

• McBoney
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 96
Thank you!

I am on holiday at the moment, so have not seen this until just now.

Here is a site I found particularly useful: bikebrewers.com/motogadget-m-unit-wiring/ and this video, although a little long, is very clear on how the wiring works..

I will be back in UK on 17th and then plan a week to put my bike back together. Then after that I'll start the wiring. I have what I want configuration-wise in my head, I may just write that down first, then maybe design the circuits on paper, one by one. Then combine all of them into a plan for a wiring diagram. My bike is ground-up and minimal functions, so should be as simple as I can keep it. As much of it within the frame rails as possible.

Once the complete diagram has been reviewed by whomever feels competent, I can then transfer that to buying stuff and putting it onto the bike.

It will be a while before I get to this point but I'm glad I found the thread!

Cheers
Paul
Six-Pot-Cafe in the making...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by McBoney.

M-Unit Blue- Motogadget 4 years 1 month ago #25929

• tackelhappy
  • tackelhappy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 164
Sounds good. That video must be fairly old ( not that it really matters ) as it is the first generation- but they all work essentially the same.
One thing tho. If you haven't made any provision now of where you will mount for instance the necessary hardware - starter solenoid , coils, ignitor and you have removed various brackets, or haven't, and the bike gets re-assembled, the frame is painted , then the mounting options are restricted to their original place. Or as in my case , having to repaint after installing the new Blue unit in a different place than I original thought- moving the battery etc.
If I was doing this all over a gain now, I would have reassembled the bike completely in an unpainted condition to get everything set out properly, but then have to dis assemble , paint , put back together. Welding on a new bracket can't be done with any of the electronics I have on my bike without removing them first.
There again, you may have this figured already.
" If you can't say what you think, very soon you won't be able to think !
OKANAGAN FALLS. BC ,Canada

Last edit: by tackelhappy.

M-Unit Blue- Motogadget 4 years 1 month ago #25930

• McBoney
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 96
Thanks.

I am planning to put all the electronics (battery, M-Blue unit, solenoid, regulator and, if it fits, the igniter) in a made-to-measure waterproof box right behind the engine and before the swing arm. The box itself will be bolted (and grounded) to the frame using two existing brackets that I am not sure what they are used for, but are situated on the cross bar underneath the battery tray brackets. I may also use the battery tray brackets to mount something, if it doesn't fit in the box.

Paul
Six-Pot-Cafe in the making...

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds